57. The GCPD

OK.

I GOT 10K READS WTF YES.

Ik I've posted soooo many chapters, so it isn't a HUGE amount of people anyway, but I'm still REALLY happy. THANKSKSKSKSK.

Oh, and y'know that part where Jim punches Jeremiah in the interrogation room and Jeremiah starts humming along to a tune as him leaves? Wouldn't it have been waaaay more fitting if he went along to 'London Bridge is Falling Down'? Heh.

If you don't understand that, then you will later. Heheh.

----

Third Person P.O.V

Jeremiah only sits there, staring blankly at nothing, as the officers of the GCPD taunt him angrily, hitting their batons against the bars, as if asking him to start a fight with them.

"You know, I don't know why I brought him here," Alfred says, his hands in his pockets. "I should've killed him when I had the chance."

Jeremiah notices Jim and Alfred staring at him, so he smirks the tiniest bit, waving at them with one of his hands.

"You did the right thing, Alfred," Jim tells the older man, who shakes his head.

"You say that. You didn't see what he did to Selina... All right, I better get to the hospital."

"I'll stop by when I can."

Alfred leaves, and Harvey walks past him, addressing him.

Harvey then goes up to Jim, sighing, "He couldn't have put a cap in that psycho and done the world a favour?"

Jim shakes his head, although he can't help but slightly agree with his partner, "Where are we?"

"Bomb squads at the last sight on the map. After they disarm the bomb, they're gonna put it in the warehouse with all the others. Also, the mayor called. He wants to lift the evacuation order."

"Tell him we're not doing anything until we have all the bombs locked away."

Harvey nods my and then trudges off, causing Jim's attention to turn back to Jeremiah.

"Pardon me, Jim," he calls out, emotionlessly. In response, Jim walks over to him.

"Don't you all have work to do?" He tells the officers, who hesitantly leave. "What is it?"

"I'd like to press charges against Bruce Wayne's butler," Jeremiah informs him. "I mean, just look at my face."

"I think you look great," Jim lies, ignoring Jeremiah's bruised face.

"And, I'd like to speak to Bruce again. We couldn't really talk before, what with his girlfriend bleeding out all over him."

"You tried to prove you're better than your brother. But I'm still here. The city's still here."

"And yet, Samantha is not," Jeremiah shrugs, giving another smirk.

Jim grits his teeth, "You're a failure Jeremiah. Enjoy Arkham. Your brother did... Put him in the box. Get him ready for transport."