"I treated myself" Kara lied. She wasn't going to betray her brother easily.

"You are lying. Whoever it was left a trail of footprints in the mud. Footprints that resulted in your capture"

Mordred looked down in guilt. He made eye contact with Merlin from across the room. It wasn't Merlin's fault that Kara was found.

"A pair of strangers came across me and they helped me. I have no idea who they were" Kara answered, lying again to protect Mordred and Aria, but mainly Mordred.

"You share no remorse for your actions? I have no choice but to declare you an enemy of Camelot." Arthur once again stood in front of his chair. Tears began to well up in Aria's eyes as she knew what was going to happen. Aria caught Mordred's eye and when he saw the devastated look in her eyes, he knew what was about to happen. Tears began to build up in his eyes.

"At dawn tomorrow, pursuant to the laws of this land, you will be taken from your cell, and hanged" Arthur then gestured to the guards and they stepped forward, taking Kara by the arms and started dragging her out of the room.

"You can do as you wish. It will not stop Morgana's uprising. Your doom is near. My only sadness is that I won't be there to see it." Kara exclaimed as she was dragged out of the room.
_______________________________________

Mordred watched from behind a corner as Kara was once again placed in her cell. Kara sat down on the stone bench and started sobbing into her hands.

"Kara"

Kara looked up and saw Mordred standing there smiling sadly at her. Kara stood up and went to the door of her cell, clutching the iron bars.

Mordred glanced at the guard sitting at a little table before he faced his sister. He had tears in his eyes that he refused to let fall.

"The king has sent me to speak to you. He is...frustrated that you did not betray the people who helped you. You are very loyal."

"One of the people who helped me is very dear to me," Kara answered, she now had tears in her eyes also.

Mordred walked up to the cell and took his sister's hands through the bars.

"I will never tell anyone. I would rather die than see them harmed" Kara declares

"I will speak to the king," Mordred whispered

"He will never show mercy to someone like me" Kara shook her head.

"He might if it's his sister asking," Mordred said hopefully before his face hardened

"I will not... Let you die"

Mordred then walked away, determined to save Kara's life.
_______________________________________

Mordred had met up with Aria and they made their way to Arthur's chambers.
They stopped outside the door and Aria knocked. Aria had changed into her pink dress with her hair down in soft waves.