Chapter 8

Later that day Arthur and Merlin were tied behind a cart, being dragged through the snow, with other captured men behind them.

Aria was also tied up but she wasn't being dragged behind the cart like the others. The leader decided that because she's a woman, she would just slow the whole thing down. So the leader had one of his men drag her up front. But she wasn't being dragged by a Saxon. She was being dragged through the snow, by Mordred. 

She had speckles of snow in her golden hair that was blowing in wisps behind her from the icy breeze and her cheeks and nose were tinted red from the bitter cold.

From where he was being dragged, Merlin kept his gaze on Mordred as he led Aria up front. He also had snow in his hair and his nose and cheeks were red.

" Remind me, Merlin, how did we end up like this? Oh yes, you were thinking about your stomach as usual" Arthur complains

Mordred turned around to look at Merlin as he's walking.  His eyes locked with Aria's for a split second before turning around to continue walking.

" I told you it was a trap" Arthur points ou

" And I told you to go back to Camelot."  Merlin resorts

"Hold!" The leader suddenly yelled from the front. Everyone immediately stopped walking and the leader got off his horse.
Mordred and Aria shared a confused look before Aria looked back at her brother and Merlin.

" We can't let them hand us over to Morgana. We need a plan.." Merlin was cut off when the leader suddenly punched Arthur in the stomach making Aria let out a quiet gasp.

" You speak when you're spoken to!" He yelled

Aria ran to try and held Arthur but was stopped by Mordred pulling her back and holding onto her as she struggled and squirmed to get out of his grip and help her brother.

"Don't. You'll only get yourself into trouble" Mordred whispered making Aria stop struggling, knowing he was right, Mordred then let go of Aria.

" Faster!" The leader barked walking past Mordred and Aria. Aria glared venomously at the leader before she switched her gaze onto Arthur, giving him a concerned look.

Arthur nodded at her indicating that he was alright.

The men then started to walk faster at the leader's command. Mordred started walking again and wrapped the rope around his hand making Aria walk a bit faster but not as fast as the others were forced to walk.

Aria once again glanced around at her brother only to see him scanning the cart, looking at all the weapons. Aria smiled knowing Arthur was trying to come up with an escape plan.

____________________________________

It was dark now and most of the men were asleep. Those who were tied up were shivering and desperately attempted to keep warm. Aria was sat beside Mordred, closer to fire than the others but she was still quivering from the frigid wind.

When no was watching her, she secretly attempted to undo or at least loosen her bonds.
Arthur was fast asleep while Merlin lay awake glaring at the leader.

" What are you gawping at?!" The leader snapped pointing his sword at Merlin who avoided the leaders gaze and looked down at the snow.

The leader stabbed a bread roll and held it up for Merlin to see.
" Is this what you want?" The leader laughed

" Catch "

He threw the bread to Merlin then laughed when it landed a few feet out of reach. The other men laughed as well.