5: The Vaizel Fighting Festival

"Can you feel them coming?" Gloxinia asked with a wide smile as he awaited the arrival of the competitors. It had been a few days since the flyers were sent out all around and the demon was ready for the action-filled festival. "Are you excited, Drole?"

Drole said nothing as he stared off into the distance feeling the humans' presence growing stronger. They were approaching from every direction to get to them for the fighting festival. How predictable. With the prize being a granted wish, it was hard for most humans to turn away from such an offer. It was all too easy, really. Offer a reward and they came flocking by the dozen for a chance to claim it. Whether it was cocky or brave was up in the air, but their determination was impressive. Humans certainly had more spirit than when the demons freely roamed the surface.

"So many delicious souls out there waiting to be taken," said Obsidian with a lustfulness. She craved sucking the life out of every single human she could get her hands on. "Mm, come to mama."

"Agreed." Drole cocked his head to the side. "After that last fight, replensishing our strength will be most pleasant."

"So, Xini," Obsidian started as a smug grin formed. She rose an eyebrow as she leaned down to look at him. "It's come to my attention that once upon a time, you had a thing with Medusa."

"What? No!" He denied as heat rushed to his cheeks. He tried to hide his face among the tentacles of Basquias.

She snickered. "You’re such an awful liar. How could you keep this from us?"

"Yeah, like you told us all about you and Zeldris when you guys became a thing," he retorted.

"Fair enough." She held her face in her hand, thinking of her love and looked up at Drole who was unphased by the conversation. "So, what about you, Drole? Any lucky lady in your life?"

He answered with a very flat "No". Obsidian grimaced, wondering if he felt uncomfortable or even annoyed hearing them gossip about their love lives.

"What a downer. I was just trying to make things less boring while we waited."

"I can hardly contain myself!" Gloxinia exclaimed. "Seeing Meliodas again shall make things very interesting. Don't you agree?"

Obsidian twirled her hair between her fingers and answered with a shrug. "I suppose." She studied her long black fingernails. "Meliodas got lucky last time we met face-to-face, but things will be different. Those Seven Deadly Sins won't stand in my way this time."

"Easy there, O, let's be smart about all of this." Drole looked down at her.

"Oh, I am. You may not be able to handle Meliodas, but that doesn't mean I can't. He said it himself -- I'm the only one who can fully keep up with him. That's why I was chosen as his Second."

"All I meant is you tend to go a bit... crazy. I think it's best you don't get directly involved with Meliodas."

She scoffed, crossing her arms as she slouched in her throne and mumbled obscenities to herself. This was utter b.s. She was always being told what she could or couldn't do. If it wasn't Zeldris, it was Drole who always had to stick his giant nose where it didn't belong. She knew how to control herself. It wasn't like she didn't know any better.

"Giant nosed son-of-a-bitch, huh?" The giant wondered. "You know I can read your mind, right?"

"Yes, I'm well aware." Obsidian flipped him off with a giant smile plastered on her face. Her behavior was that of a teenager's and it made the giant rather peeved.