30: This Game We Play

Obsidian felt the throbbing pain in her chest feeling like a knife was piercing right through it repeatedly

Obsidian felt the throbbing pain in her chest feeling like a knife was piercing right through it repeatedly. Her entire body was coated in the same immense pain only it felt like she was being roasted over a fire. A slight groan escaped her lips. When she opened her big black eyes, she was blinded by the bright light of the new day. She quickly sat up and found herself in a large comfy bed that smelled all too familiar.

She was back in Camelot in the room she shared with Zeldris and it brought her great comfort being here after her mission was a total bust. She punched the sheets, angry with herself for fumbling so badly. So close. All of the Seven Deadly Sins had been at her mercy. The sight of the goddess made her lose it completely. It was so unlike her to let anyone affect her this much, but it had now been proven on multiple occasions that she wasn't as composed as she once believed.

Elizabeth was a reminder of Meliodas's actions. Of his betrayal. Obsidian had felt that betrayal so deeply in her soul. She hadn't just been his Second, but his friend, and she had risked a lot for him as he did for her. Once upon a time he put everything on the line for her and not Elizabeth.

Obsidian clutched her chest and winced. Damn that fairy king, she thought as her fingers trailed along the still-healing scar on her lower left abdomen. He would pay for destroying her heart. If those little brats thought Obsidian in her current form overpowered them, then they had no idea how what she could do to them.

Beside her was a teddy bear and Link, who was curled up into a ball enjoying a nice nap. She smiled at the puppy and gave him a pat on the head before picking up the stuffed animal. There was a note attached to one of its arms and she pulled it off and unfolded it.

Good morning, my love. There's breakfast for you on the bedside table. Hopefully, by the time your sleepy ass wakes up it's not too cold. I have some things to tend to. Be back soon.

Oh! PS, the bear's name is Zedd.

Love, Zeldris xoxo

Obsidian smiled. Zedd. She slowly slid out from under the covers and got onto her feet. She was dressed in a nightgown and realized Zeldris must've done this. She smiled, looking in the large mirror at the cute black lace nightdress. He knew her tastes, though, seeing just how short the dress was, it had to be for him, too.

She picked up a piece of bread from the plate left for her and made her way to the door. She opened it slowly before she heard hushed voices.

"You know, Medusa, you can stand to be a little friendlier," she heard a male's voice say. "Wow, that's not a nice gesture."

"Do you ever shut up?" Medusa asked, irritated. "That damned Zeldris... I'm gonna make him regret what he did to my beautiful face!" She cried, touching her scarred cheek.

Did Zel and Medusa get into it? Obsidian wondered before quickly shutting the door realizing they were coming her way.

"I thought I told you to get lost." Zeldris sounded furious.