37: Commander of Death

The rumbling castle was enough to draw Obsidian's attention to the ceiling as she lazily reclined in Zeldris's throne sipping on a nice, sweet drink in a cute little glass

The rumbling castle was enough to draw Obsidian's attention to the ceiling as she lazily reclined in Zeldris's throne sipping on a nice, sweet drink in a cute little glass. She had completely indulged herself in her concoction being on her third drink and it was safe to say she was becoming a bit too comfortable. This had become her haven away from all the chaos transpiring on the outside as she didn't seem to care too much for dealing with the heroes herself. Obsidian chuckled, knowing that the Seven Deadly Sins were out there fighting against her comrades and weren't going to make it easy for them. It was about time that they'd shown up, she'd been waiting for them for quite a while after leaving them all behind to follow her and Zeldris back to the castle. She had begun to think they had gotten cold feet, but they had appeared after all and didn't disappoint her.

It would've been a lot sweeter if their captain had also made an appearance, but she'd given up on ever seeing him again so long ago. His friends continued to fight for him, but he'd vanished without a trace and that seemed to piss her off a lot more than it should. Why did she care that Meliodas abandoned his friends? If they wanted to be deceived by his words and charm, then they would all perish fighting for him and his lies.

Obsidian took a long sip before setting down her glass. She rolled her dagger between her fingers, reminiscing on the days where she and Meliodas fought together. She'd risked her life as his friends had, and she'd also felt the stabbing knife of betrayal when he left. Feelings of sadness washed over her longing for the days when life was great. When Obsidian, Zeldris, Meliodas and all of their demon brethren were all on the same side fighting together, laughing together, and raising hell for the goddesses. Obsidian missed those days. Now that so much time had passed, she was no longer in her prime. However, this was her comeback and she would remind the world that Obsidian the Reaper was not one to be trifled with. She was still among the best of the best.

Beside Obsidian the quiet, timid princess of Lioness sat there bound at the wrists and ankles with rope. Her arms were covered in cuts and bruises and a thin scar ran from her cheekbone to her jaw. When she felt the floor shake, she felt the sudden wave of joy knowing it had to be the heroes who'd saved her time and time again. She smiled slightly, her heart full of hope that a certain blonde would come swooping in to save her from the horrid demon holding her captive.

The loud explosions continued and Obsidian hummed, fascinated by the ruckus everyone outside was making. It sounded like so much fun and a part of her wanted to be out there skinning the flesh off Diane or Merlin at this very moment. She turned to the Princess.

"Sounds like your friends are coming for you," Obsidian said as she leaned over to tuck Elizabeth's hair behind her ear. Her knife went under the girl's chin and lightly ran down her throat before making a pouty face. "Aw, too bad your boyfriend didn't come to rescue you. Don't worry, I'm sure he had more important things to do."

"There's no way," Elizabeth said softly.

"What was that?" Obsidian cupped her ear.

"Meliodas would never abandon me."