41: Our Sins

"One day, you're going to make one lucky man very happy," Meliodas said as he looked out over the horizon

"One day, you're going to make one lucky man very happy," Meliodas said as he looked out over the horizon. The pinks and purples of dusk were a beautiful sight.

"Is that a come on?" The woman playfully nudged him in the side, unable to believe Meliodas was capable of saying something like that.

"No way," he scrunched up his nose. "You're a bit too spicy for me to handle." He laughed earning a deserved soft slap to the arm. "Besides, Zeldris would tear me a new one if I dared to do that."

"Zeldris?" Obsidian's ears perked up at the name of the brooding younger prince.

"Don't tell me you can't tell he's super into you." Meliodas rolled his eyes, unable to believe she was that oblivious of his brother's affections.

"I mean, well..." Obsidian's face turned red as she rubbed her head. She quickly cleared her throat and looked away.

"Aw, man! I got her blushing!" Meliodas snickered.

"Shut up!" He was shoved onto the ground and continued to laugh. "I-It's not even like that!" Obsidian folded her arms, steaming. She couldn't hide her embarrassment as steam rose out of her ears.

"Then what's it like?" The blonde got up.

"Well—Uh—"

"You guys have been digging each other forever and everybody knows it. Do you know how many women have come onto him and he rejects them all for you?"

"For me?" Hearing that made Obsidian's heart flutter. Zeldris had really been doing all that for her? Her blushing intensified and Meliodas continued to poke fun at her.

"You really haven't noticed?"

"There's been a lot going on, alright?" Obsidian stuck up her nose.

"I know, but don't worry. With me around, you'll never have to worry about anything happening to you, okay?"

"Someone's trying to play the hero," Obsidian teased.

Meliodas plucked her lightly in the nose. "Hey, I'm being serious here. I promised Tozgal you would never be put in harm's way. I want to make a place for our clan to be on top for once, and not bottom of the barrel rejects the goddesses have turned us into. We're not second-rate."

"Do you have a plan?" Obsidian asked, knowing the Captain of the Commandments always had something up his sleeve.

"As a matter of fact, I do."

A smile grew as Obsidian leaned in. "Do tell."

Meliodas drew closer and explained his entire plan to her. A plan to seduce a goddess...

Some things don't work out the way they were planned, and Obsidian found that out the hard way. She should've known better than to believe that Meliodas was simply "pretending". They were supposed to be happy— all of them—but it had gone out the window the moment Meliodas and Elizabeth fell for each other. Their efforts to dismantle the power of the Demon Clan had caused the demons to suffer for all these years, but now, Obsidian and Zeldris held the clan together by mere threads as they tried to rebuild what had been destroyed.