44: Other Friends

* * *

* * *

"Whoa, what's got you so pissed off?" Tozgal noticed Zeldris's bad mood as he walked into the castle.

Zeldris held up a hand, not willing to talk as he stomped past him. Of course he was pissed and he had every right to be. He'd just had one of the most aggravating conversations of his life.

Tozgal apparated in front of Zeldris and made him stop. The prince sighed, really not in the mood to talk. He had much bigger things to deal with, and he didn't need Tozgal being in his business as he somehow always managed to do.

"Well?" He waited patiently for him to start spilling the beans.

"No way," Zeldris refused.

"You're bound to tell me sooner or later, so why not sooner to save us both the trouble?"

"Just drop it, alright?" Zeldris continued walking down the corridor and his friend followed closely behind.

"If you say so."

Tozgal shrugged and shoved his hands into his pockets, not willing to push the matter further. All he needed was for Zeldris to turn his anger towards him. No matter. When he was ready, Zeldris would open up about whatever was troubling him. Right now, he needed the space to breathe and process everything jumbled about in his head.

They walked together in silence with nothing but the sound of their footsteps echoing. Tozgal exhaled, looking around at all the old art and statues that decorated the castle. He was still relatively new to the place and yet, couldn't bother hiding his disdain of it.

"This place is a real shithole," he commented as he continued to look around. "Who used to run this place, anyway?"

"Why should I care? Obviously they weren't worthy enough to be memorable." Zeldris made a left. Now that it had been mentioned, he actually tried to recall who the ruler had been, but was drawing a hard blank. After the demons had laid siege to the country, and effectively placed its citizens under Zeldris's mind control, the entire place had been left for the taking.

"Alright, hardass." Tozgal chuckled, knowing that Zeldris's stoic nature was such a sham. He was often serious, but he could also be the biggest goof around.

Zeldris scoffed, knowing Tozgal would always see through him no matter the circumstance. That was the price to pay for being best friends.

"This place is going to need some serious redecorating." Tozgal shoved a porcelain vase off of its pedestal. It smashed into pieces and Zeldris glanced back, annoyed. "Sorry, that was just too hideous for anyone's eyes." He tried hard to keep a straight face, but ultimately burst into laughter.