5: The Vaizel Fighting Festival

Start from the beginning

The fairy tried to keep the peace among them all. "Now, now, let's play nice, children. We're all friends here, let's not let anything come between us."

They had to admit, he was right. It was hard being so on edge with their newfound freedom and all the demons were so quick to exact their revenge on Meliodas, that sometimes they did tend to lose sight of theirselves. They weren't enemies. And it was imperative now more than ever for them all to come together for their common goal.

Drole apologized for his nagging and Obsidian, too, for her aggressive attitude and even cracked a joke at Gloxinia's expense that made Drole laugh. Despite being the butt of a joke, Gloxinia was happy to see his family in a state of content -- if only for a moment.

Vaizel. Here Meliodas was once again. It had been a couple weeks since half of the team departed for various reasons so Meliodas saw it best to boost team morale and partake in the annual fighting festival.

It had been a bit lonely at first as only Hawk, Elizabeth, Gowther and Slader remained, but soon after Gilthunder, Hendrickson, little Griamore, King Arthur, and Howser also joined them. Though, it still wasn't the same as having the Sins together. He wondered how his friends were doing and hoped that they were all safe. If anything happened to them, Meliodas would never forgive himself.

He pushed the negative thoughts to the back of his mind and the Captain smiled as Hawk's mom came to a stop. "Here we are!"

"Meliodas, you sure about this?" Hawk asked. "A fighting festival? Now?"

"I thought it'd be fun! With that wish, I can build a new tavern." He grinned widely as he imagined the brand-new tavern and headquarters of the Seven Deadly Sins.

"Fighting festival?" Elizabeth repeated, looking over his shoulder at the flyer in his hands.

"We get to have some fun and kick a little ass," Meliodas explained as he gave Gilthunder a noogie.

Hawk seemed happy and eager to participate. Ever since receiving the Magic Eye from Merlin, he'd been a bit overconfident. He was ready to take on whatever challenge awaited them.

Hendrickson seemed wary of the decision, especially given Griamore's condition, though ultimately decided to go along with whatever The Captain saw fit.

He'd scooped Elizabeth up so she was over her shoulder and user his free hand to point straight ahead. "Let's go!"

***

Meliodas, now reunited with his best friend, Ban, and company had finally reached the end of the first test to find that their friends had also made it through. Elizabeth was so relieved to be by Meliodas's side safe and sound. The maze had been super creepy and she had been lucky to run into Diane and eventually the Captain before anything bad had happened.

Her contentedness didn’t last long, however.

"Uh, guys?" King Arthur pointed upwards which drew Meliodas's attention.

Everyone gazed upon the demons Drole, Gloxinia, and Obsidian with fear and dread. As members of the Commandments, there was an uneasiness among the competitors. They were some of the strongest demons to ever exist. Their greatness was legendary and rightfully respected.

"It's that demon girl," said King as he looked at Obsidian. She stared down with a dark and unsettling gaze that made him shiver.