Chapter XX

Chapter XVV

I burst through the doors of Caden's study, panting from running at the speed of light.

Okay, maybe not the speed of light, but I was pretty damn close.

I looked at his desk and saw him sitting with his brows furrowed at me.'

"Lily?" He asked, almost as if he couldn't believe I was here. I nodded my head.

"You're supposed to be in the hospital wing." He rushed up to me and grabbed my forearms. "Are you okay? Are you feeling dizzy? I think you need to go back, I need to take you back."

I let out a soft chuckle. "I'm fine, Caden," I told him. My smile faded away as I reached up and grabbed his face with my hands.

"I am so, so, so sorry," I said, stroking his face with my hand. "I am so sorry. I should never have done it, and it was a complete mistake. I have no feelings for him, I was just...just consumed by the heat and I wasn't myself. I'm so sorry." I kept apologizing, over and over. I felt awful.

He let out a deep sigh and opened his mouth to speak. "I shouldn't have overreacted so much. I just didn't want to imagine you with him. You were with him before...you could be with him again." The right side of his mouth quirked down into a frown and I felt my heart break at that tiny action.

"I wouldn't go back to him. Ever. I don't love him. I never have, and I never will. I'm in love with someone else," I told him, biting my lip softly.

He seemed to tense up for a second before realizing that I was obviously talking about him. Then his lips formed a beautiful grin and he leaned forward and kissed me.

I closed my eyes the instant his lips touched mine and gripped his hair, forming knots with my fingers.

This kiss was passionate, full of lust and joy and love. We mashed our lips together in the most beautiful way two people can. His lips were so soft and I felt myself getting lost in them.

His hands firmly gripped my waist and he started walking forward, forcing me to back up into the wall behind me. His hands went over my head as we kept on passionately kissing like the world was coming to an end.

After what felt like only seconds, but could have been minutes, we pulled apart. Our faces remained inches from each other's as we stood there, breathing heavily.

He put his hand on my cheek and looked into my eyes. "I love you too, Lily. So, so much." He smiled and I stood on my tippy-toes to kiss him again.