Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII

It was time.

I was going to join Cayden's pack in just a few minutes.

I put my shoes on and began to walk to the clearing where the ritual would take place and saw that it was already full with pack members. I rushed to the front where Cayden was standing and saw that all the pack members were neatly seated in rows of chairs.

I stood next to him and the pack ritual began. He spoke sentences upon sentences of words, some of which were in a different language I couldn't even understand. After this went on for a good fourty minutes, he held out his wrist and brought out a knife and a bowl. This was the blood-sharing part of the ritual. We had to mix our blood for the ritual to be completed.

He used the knife to slice his hand and clenched his fist, not even flinching as his blood dripped into the bowl. He called a pack member to give him a new knife and then handed it to me.

I shakily took the knife and used it to cut open my right hand. I tried to avoid showing the pain I felt but it must have noticeably showed because Cayden flinched. I moved my hand over the bowl and watched it drip and mix with Cayden's blood.

I could actually feel myself become a part of Cayden's pack. I had never joined a pack before since the only other one I was in I was born into, so this was a new experience.

After applause and some celebratory words, the ceremony was over and I was no longer a rogue. It was a very nice feeling. I finally belonged.

*****

After the ceremony ended, I asked Cayden if I could walk around the territory for a little bit and he hesitantly agreed. I walked around for about an hour before I got mind linked by Anthony. I was, after all, now a part of the pack so we could mind link now.

'Lily,' he told me. 'We have picked up the scent of a few rogues. Cayden is coming to get you. Stay where you are.'

Rogues?! Does he mean the group that's after me? The one that killed my family? I started to panic and I asked him if my suspicions were true.

'No,' he told me, relieving some of my stress. 'It's a different group with unfamiliar scents but they could be equally dangerous.'

I calmed my breathing down but still felt paraniod, spinning around every few seconds to see if anyone was coming to me. Suddenly, I heard a crack.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god what do I do? I spun in the direction of the sound and saw a figure emerging from the trees. I took a few shaking steps back as I saw multiple other figures following behind the first. The person took another step out and I could now see their face.

I stopped moving back and stood in place, shocked. He survived? How?

I sprinted forward as fast as I could and leaped into his arms.

Standing in front of me was my former best friend and the boy I used to be love with.

Standing in front of me was Scott.