Chapter VII

Cayden and I were having a fantastic date. He picked me up on time, and took me to a beautiful lake (how did he know I loved lakes?!) and we were having dinner while watching the sunset. 

A/n: Jesus, could I be any cheesier?!

Chapter VII

We finished dinner and we just sat, watching the sky fade from orange and red to blue and violet. I looked up at him and saw him staring at me. I immediately blushed and turned. I felt his hand press firmly onto my chin and turn my head back so it was facing him. He was staring at me like he was going to kiss me, but after too much wait I just leaned up and pecked him on the mouth. 

'What did I do that for?' I wondered. I'm a pretty shy person, I'm not outgoing, although I wished I could be, so this was the bravest thing I've ever done. 

While contemplating my stupidity, I heard a howl from the trees nearby. I jumped to my feet, as did Cayden, and he pushed me behind him. A rogue slowly emerged from the woods, followed by two more. They all had dark brown, matted hair, tangled with twigs and leaves. They smelled like garbage. They walked forward, and Cayden shifted, running forward to meet them. He started attacking them, and I felt powerless, not knowing what to do. 

Suddenly, I was grabbed from behind, and everything went black.

A/N: Short chappie sorry