Chapter XV

Chapter XV

I woke up, alone as I have woken every single morning. Couldn't Caiden just stay until I wake up? Waking up next to him would be so nice, but I have yet to be able to experience it. I sighed.

I stood up with a mission: find Scott. I really could not care less if Caiden was jealous. Scott was my best friend, and I really missed him and needed to talk to him about everything that happened with our pack.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a cute but casual white dress, grey cardigan and grey flats. I put on a little eyeliner and let my hair fall in soft waves. I took one last look at myself in the mirror before leaving my room to go and look for Scott.

*****

After asking numerous people, I discovered that Scott was not staying at the pack house but a nearby hotel.

Could Caiden really not have just manned up and allowed him to stay? Ugh.

I didn't want to shift and mess up my clothes so I just walked to the hotel. It was only a 40 minute walk and I needed some alone time.

After walking for a little bit, I heard some rustling in the bushes and my head slapped to the right. I walked up near the bushes and saw whatever the thing was run away, but not before I got a glimpse of it.

It was a wolf.

Brown, scraggly and had a putrid smell.

A rogue.

*****

After my terrifying encounter with the rogue, I changed my previous plan and sprinted to the hotel.

I was scared to death. It looked very similar to the rogues that attacked my pack and something told me it was one of them.

I finally arrived at the hotel. It was small and very cute. Home-ey looking.

I walked through the clear revolving doors and up to the front desk. The lady standing there in an emerald green uniform looked at me.

"How may I help you?"

I replied. "I'm looking for Scott McCall; could you tell me where his room is?"

(A/N: ;))

"Yes, of course, just a moment," she told me, flipping through a small spiral notebook.

She got to the page she was looking for and looked at me. "He's in the presidents suite, room 3F."

I sent her a grateful smile and walked over to the elevators. I pressed the up arrow and tapped my foot against the floor as I waited for the elevator. I waited just for a few seconds before getting so impatient I just went to the door on the right and sprinted up the stairs.

I really needed to talk to Scott.

Finally I arrived at the third floor and speed walked down the hall until I saw a door that said 3F on it. I stood in front and rapidly knocked.

"I thought I told you," I heard a deep and familiar voice say as the door began to open, "I don't want-"

I was met with Scott's chocolate brown eyes. "Lily?" He asked, surprised. I nodded.

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, of course," he said, nodding. I followed him into his room and shut the door behind me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Tell me what happened," I demanded. I needed to know what his point of view of the attack was.

He sighed and sat on his bed, patting next to him for me to sit next to him as I prepared myself for what he would say.

He sighed again, fiddling with his fingers as I did the same, reminding me how similar we were. He inhaled deeply and started speaking.