Chapter IX

Chapter IX

"Is she going to be ok?" I heard a deep voice ask panicked and I realized it was Caydens.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, but she won't wake up. I'm sorry. I'd tell you if there was any hope, but the bullet went through her stomach. No werewolf can survive that. It's a miracle she's still alive," someone told him. I guessed it was a doctor.

'Where am I?' I asked myself. All I saw was black and my memories were hazy. I faintly remember being injured, and I assume it was from a bullet because of the doctor's words.

"Fuck!" Cayden screamed and he let out another string of curses. I wish I could reach out and tell him I was ok, but I felt farther away from him than I ever had before.

I felt someone, presumably Cayden take my hand and heard the door close. I assume the doctor left the room.

I heard Cayden's voice talk to me, shaking. "Lily, please come back. You need to wake up. You need to wake up so we can go home."

"I know the doctor said you won't wake up, but you can do it. Wake up Lily, wake up. I need you. I've been waiting for you for my whole life, I can't lose you now." His warm hands were shaking around mine and after feeling wet drops fall onto the back of my hands I realized he was crying. 

I tried to move my hand, say something flutter my eyes...anything. My body felt like it was made out of stone.

After what felt like hours, Cayden's breathing slowed and started coming in even, long breaths. 

Cayden's POV

Lily has been in a coma for two weeks now. She's not going to wake up. The doctor told me that her chance of waking up was nonexistent. She could have easily survived if it was a regular bullet, but it was silver. Just touching silver will leave marks for weeks, but having it enter your body should instantly kill you. Lily's lived for two and a half weeks than she should is a miracle, but any wolf with her injuries, even ones as strong as me, will die with those injuries. 

I shifted in my uncomfortable hospital chair, the arms digging into my back. I had only left Lily's room when the doctors forced me to and to use the bathroom; Anthony had been giving me food during the day.

I heard the door open and my head snapped to the right. It was a nurse.

"Alpha," she told me, "please leave for a few minutes; I just need to check her wounds."

I slowly stood to my feet and left the room but stood outside the door.

I waited for a few minutes and then the door burst open. 

"Doctor!" The nurse screeched. The doctor came running down the hall and rushed into the room. 

'Oh my god, is she ok? Did she die? Shit, shit, shit!" I ignored the warnings and sprinted to Lily's bedside and looked at her stomach.

I didn't see what was wrong. Her wound looked fine and she was still alive. In fact, her wound wasn't even there anymore. I turned to the doctor to ask what was wrong until I finally comprehended what I just saw. I looked back at her stomach. No wound. No bullet hole. Just a scar.

My mouth opened and closed like a fish in my shock. Her wound was never supposed to heal. Questions I could ask the doctor raced through my mind but I voiced the most important one: "Does this mean she's going to live?"

"I'm very sorry sir, but she can't." The doctor frowned. "I don't understand how her wound is gone, it shouldn't be gone, but I don't thinks this means anything other than that she heals exceptionally well. 

I then realized something. Why didn't I think of it before? My beta, theta, gamma and I all decided to keep it to ourselves so of course the doctor wouldn't know. 

"If this happened to a red wolf, would it survive?" I asked.

"I can't say, they don't exist," he said. "But from what the stories say, they sound near invincible."

I looked away to hide my grin. She was going to live.

Lily was going to live.

A/N: 400+ reads? What?!?! I'll be updating in the next day!