"Oh yeah, her phone's battery was dead." said Lavanya with her cute, dimpled smile.

"See... Shall we go?" He asked.

"Sure.." Khushi smiled, formally.

"Then come on, get in!" He said opening the door for them with a wink making them chuckle.

Once they got themselves seated comfortably Lavanya nudged Khushi, "Oye Chamkili?"

"What is it, Madam?" She asked sarcastically.

"Didn't I say that he likes me? See… He came to pick us all by himself." Lavanya whispered as she blushed lightly.

"God! Not again La..." Khushi cried.

"Ahm ahm... What's happening?" Akash asked.

“N… nothing serious.We were just talking about the weather, isn’t it La?” She asked, shooting glares at her.

“Yeah… It’s so cold here. Giving me kashmir kinda vibes.” Said Lavanya.

“It’s usually very cold here during winters. But Summers can be intolerable.” said Akash,”By the way, Lavanya…”

Lavamya’s eyes sparkled in happiness when he called her name. She eyed Khushi giving her ‘I-told-you’ looks. Khushi looked away biting her lower lip, in order to stifle the smile that threatened to creep out.

"Why are you coming with Khushi? I mean to say, are you appointed in AR as well?" 

Lavanya stared at him like a deer caught in the headlight while Khushi chuckled softly at her helpless situation.

"Actually I am an IPS Student and I am currently on duty." 

"Duty here? With Khushi?"

"Yeah, Protecting Khushi from this evil world. And don't confuse yourself, it's me who appointed myself in this mission." she said lifting her imaginary collars. 

"Well then all the best IPS Lavanya!" Akash mock saluted her with a chuckle.

Lavanya got relaxed seeing Khushi smiling wholeheartedly after a long time. 'Thanks for making her smile god ji!' she prayed silently.

"I am extremely sorry on her behalf. She acts so childish at times." Said Khushi apologetically.

'It's okay. I have no issues with that. Don't be sorry.' said Akash 

Lavanya nudges her teasingly, "Stay quiet will you?" Khushi whispered.

"You were right Khushi. He is not behind me." 

"Early realisation!"

"Well then, I can't deny the fact that he definitely likes you. I am extremely sorry for being the third wheel all this time." she said sniffing dramatically.

Khushi sighed heavily and looked out of the window, the corners of her lips twitching slightly.

'I wish the day comes sooner when you will be able to smile wholeheartedly and openly.' She thought resting back.