First Day Back

TW: there's an anxiety attack at the end of the chapter. It's nothing too bad and is pretty mildly written but please don't read it if you know it's something that will trigger you or upset you. ♥️

"Tom do you have the diaper bag?"

"Yep."

"Ok and does it have enough diapers? Oh and wipes? And he needs his stuffed elephant so make sure that's in there. Shit, do we have a change of clothes for him because you kno-"

Tom cut off Zendaya's frazzled and stress induced spiralling.

"Daya, baby, for the hundredth time we have everything he needs. Everything is going to be just fine."

Zendaya sighed in response. Today the third Spider-Man movie started filming and it was the young couples first day back on set since having Lee. Luckily Jon said that they could bring Lennon with them because he was only seven weeks old and couldn't be away from Z for more then two or three hours.

It was an understatement to say that Zendaya was nervous. This was the first time Lee would be around a big group of people and it was also one of the first times they'd be out as a family. On top of that filming was always a bit chaotic. She was terrified that something would go wrong.

Tom could tell she was beyond stressed so he wrapped her up in a hug and felt her body melt into his.

"Everything is going to be ok darling. Besides we're not alone. Darnell and everyone else on set will be more then happy to help out if we need them too. Just take a deep breath and try your best to relax."

Zendaya hummed in response as she nestled further into Tom's chest. The couple remained in eachothers comforting arms for another few minutes until Lennon's cries broke their trance.

Daya picked up the car seat he was currently strapped in and put him in the car after covering him in a blanket.

"I know baby. It's ok. You can get out soon. I promise." She cooed.

Once Lee was calm Tom, Z, and Darnell all piled into the car and thirty minutes later they had arrived on set.

Suddenly the entire cast and crew ran up to them trying to get a glimpse of the baby. Congratulations rung out along with plenty of baby talk but what was loudest of all was Lennon's cries.

Tom quickly unbuckled Lee from his car seat and began to gently rock him back and forth as everyone started to resume what they were doing before the couple had walked in. However, despite Tom's desperate attempts Lee would not stop crying.

"I think he's hungry and as much as I'd like to help I think this one's on you Daya." Tom said as he handed the baby over and began to dig through the diaper bag in search of a blanket so that his girlfriend could have a bit of privacy while feeding their baby.

As Z began to feed Lennon Jon walked up.

"First of all I wanted to personally congratulate two of you. This little guy is very lucky to have you two as his mom and dad. Secondly I wanted to go over some of the scenes today. For a few we just need each of you individually however we also have some scenes of the two of you together and a few group scenes as well. I was was thinking that we could do the individual scenes and group scenes before lunch then after lunch we'd do the scenes of Peter and Mj together. If you need any help I'd be thrilled to get a chance to hold Lee while you film."

"Sounds like a plan." Z responded as she shifted Lennon in her arms so that she could burp him.

The scenes before lunch had gone off without a hitch. Lennon actually ended up sleeping through most of them. When lunch actually did roll around the entire cast ended up chilling in one of the classroom sets so that they could eat together.

"So Daya what's it like being a mom?" Jacob asked as he bit into his sandwich.

"Exhausting." She laughed as she fed Lee, her own lunch long forgotten. "But also really fucking great."

"Hey no cursing in front of the baby." Tom teased, his comment causing everyone to laugh.

"Like you're any better" Daya snapped back as she swiftly handed the baby to Tom so that he could burp him. "By the way his diaper is dirty and it's your turn to change it."

Tom groaned as everyone else smirked at the couple. It was evident to everyone on set that the couple was a well oiled machine. They could communicate through looks and little touches and their love was evident to anyone within a ten Mile radius of them. Although they were young and it would be challenging they were amazing parents to their little boy. However they were about to have to hand over said little boy to Darnell because it was time for them to film some spideychelle scenes.

Zendaya flawlessly read out her first line.

"Peter who the hell was that guy?!"

Tom easily got into character and responded quickly with his line.

"I um I don't know MJ. Maybe one of Mysterio's men?"

"Well whoever he is he tried to kill us."

Tom grabbed Zendaya's hand as scripted.

"Hey, it's going to be ok." He said softly in his Peter Parker accent.

"I know it's just a lot to take in that's all. I mean this is all super stressful and way too much." Zendaya paused. Her lines were hitting close to home and Tom quickly noticed her quick break of character. He gently squeezed her hand and she once again started to deliver her lines.

"I mean what if something goes wrong Peter? What if you get hurt or Ned or May or-" Zendaya stopped. Her breathing began to sound irratic and heavy.

She closed her eyes and tried to say her lines again but the set lights were too bright, Mj's bangs were hanging in her face, she could hear her baby crying, and as Mj had said it was too much. She began to hyperventilate.

Tom quickly recognized Zendaya's panic attack.

"Babe. Hey babe." He gently brushed her hair back behind her ears and held both of her hands in his. "Darling I need you to copy my breathing ok?"

It took Zendaya a minute to realize that Tom has stopped acting. It felt like the room was about to collapse on her. Her vision was blurry and everything felt fake and far away but suddenly she felt Tom's grip tighten on her hands and she slowly processed what he had said.

"Ok." She choked out.

"Alright can you breathe in with me?"

Zendaya noded.

"Good job love. Now I need you to breathe out ok?"

She noded again. The rest of the cast and crew just watched the couple in awe of their ability to calm eachother down.

"You're doing so good sweetheart. I'm so proud of you. Just keep breathing with me. May I hug you?" Tom made sure to ask because he knew that sometimes during an anxiety attack she didn't like being touched.

"Yes please." She said, the words barely a whisper.

Tom slowly lowered them to the ground and rocked her back and forth in his lap.

"There to go baby. You're ok."

Tom continued to whisper sweet nothings into her ears until a few moments later when her breathing had returned to normal.

"Are you ok now love?"

Zendaya just closed her eyes and leaned further into him.

"Thank you for helping me." She whispered. "I love you." She leaned up to kiss him.

"I love you too."

"Hey guys hate to ruin the moment but Lee is hungry again." Darnell said as he lowered the baby into his mother's waiting arms.

Happy birthday Sam 😉♥️

Oh and Hi Savannah