Hospital Car Rides

*continuation of last chapter*

Tom felt his heart beating out of his chest. He couldn't believe that his son was deciding to make his grand entrance now of all times.

Tom's palms were sweaty and he felt dizzy. It wasn't until his thoughts were interupted by Zendaya's groans that he finally snapped out of it.

"Baby?" He said as he took both of her hands gently in his. "Everything is going to be alright. Okay?"

Zendaya just noded as chaos crowded the environment surrounding them. Jacob was desperately trying to get an Uber to drive the couple to a hospital, the staff of the show was trying their best to keep what was going on with a secret so that Tom and Z could have some privacy, and Jake was calling the doctor.

"Daya I need you to look at me baby."

Zendaya lifted her head and the look in her eyes absolutely killed Tom. She seemed so frightened and hurt and it was completely unlike her normal calm and neutral demeanor.

"I have a few questions that I need you to answer alright?"

She once again just noded.

"How far apart are your contractions?"

"Ten minutes I think."

"Ok and how long do they last?"

"About 30 seconds."

Zendaya went to bury her head in Tom's neck when his hands slowly brought her face back up to look at his.

"This is the last one baby. I promise. How long have you been having contractions for?"

Zendaya looked down at her feet. "all day." She mumbled.

Tom's jaw almost hit the floor. He couldn't believe she kept this to herself all day.

"Daya next time something like this happens for the love of God please tell somebody."

Jacob took a few tentative steps towards the couple.

"Hey guys sorry to interrupt but the Uber is out front waiting for you."

"Thanks for doing that for us mate." Tom said as he helped zendaya take a few small steps foward.

"Good luck man."  Jacob said as he patted Tom's back.

Zendaya gripped Tom's hand so tight it may have broken and once again let a groan escape her lips as pain filled her entire body.

"It looks like you may need it." Jacob mumbled as the couple walked away.

Five excruciatingly long minutes later and Tom had finally gotten Z situated as comfortabley as possible in the car. Sweat was starting to fall from her four head and her eyes were scrunched tightly shut. Tom hated to see her in pain especially when there was little he could do about it.

He pulled her tense body next to his and felt her relax slightly as she furrowed closer into Tom's side.

"I'm so proud of you love." He whispered into her hair. "Soon this will all be over and we'll have a lovely little boy in our arms."

"Tom?" Z half moaned half spoke.

"Yes darling?"

"I don't think I can do this." came Zendaya's voice, sounding defeated.

"Love I know it's difficult but if anyone in the world can get through this it's you. You are the strongest women I have ever met. You've got this. I love you so much Daya. So so so much."

"I love you too." She sighed as she leaned closer to him.

After 20 miles, a few run red lights, and 3 contractions later the Uber driver announced that they and arrived at the hospital.

Tom unbuckled Z and helped her out of the car, kissing her along the way.

Z took Tom's hand as he led her through the hospital doors.

"Come on love. Let's go have a baby."