sometimes plans change

When tom got a text from Z asking for him to come over he definitely didn't expect to see her crying on the couch. He thought maybe she had a late birthday surprise for him or well literally anything other than what he was seeing.

Tom walked over to the where zendaya was sitting and kneeled in front of her. As her sobs intensified so did his worry.

"Z what's wrong?"

Zendaya didn't respond. She just sniffled louder.

"Baby I'm serious what's going on?"

Zendaya just looked at the floor. The wall. Anything to avoid making eye contact with him.

Tom grabbed her hand from her lap and held it. He had never seen her this distraught.

"Daya, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on."

Zendaya finally looked up at him and for the first time he saw what a mess she was. Her hair was in a frizzy bun with curls falling out and framing her face. She was wearing and old stained hoodie and it looked as if she hadn't slept in days. She took in a shakey breath.

"Tom I'm pregnant." She whispered.

Out of all the things he was expecting her to say that was the last in his list. Having a baby at 23 wasn't apart of either of their plans but he guesses that sometimes plans change.

"What do you mean pregnant? We were always careful. How did this happen?"

"Well you see when two people love eachother very very much..." Z said in a mock high pitched voice.

Tom let out a small chuckle. Even in one of the most stressful moments of their lives z was still making jokes and making him smile.

Tom got up from his spot on the floor and pulled himself up to sit next to zendaya on the couch. She scooted closer to him.

"Tom, what are we gonna do?"

He had never heard her voice so soft before.

"I don't know Z but we'll get through this together. I love you and I already love this baby. We're going to be ok."

He started to absent mindedly play with her hair.

"Everything is going to be ok"

Zendaya sighed. She loved Tom and she always wanted kids but now was not the time. They had been dating for three amazing years every since Spider-Man homecoming but they still hadn't gone public with their relationship. On top of that the far from home press tour was about to begin.

"Tom what about the press tour? And now people have to know about our relationship or else the press will go crazy with rumors."

"Z let's try to keep this a secret as long as possible. When we're ready to share our happy news we will. And as far as the press tour goes we'll just have to take it day by day. Ok?"

Zendaya snuggled closer to tom.

"Ok. You're right babe. We've got this."

"Yeah we've got this. After all we're tomdaya. Isn't that what the fans call us?"

Z just smiled.

And that afternoon with tear stains on her face she fell asleep in the lap of her love waiting to see what chaos this unexpected surprise would bring.

Thank y'all so much for reading this far! ♥️ I'd love to get some feedback so I know what to improve. What would you like to see in future chapters?