"Sorry," Cassidy said, not sounding sorry at all. "Stay still."

"Trying," the blonde woman chimed, looking at me with a red flush on her sun-kissed skin. Her lips pulled into a gorgeous smile as she winked at me. "How you holding up?"

"Trying not to puke from nerves," I said, swallowing. "I'm getting married tonight, Tiffy."

"Yep, we both are!" she giggled, wriggling before jumping with another squeak. "Ow!"

"I said stay still!" Cassidy growled.

"I can't help it, I'm getting married!" Tiffany gushed, biting her lip. "And he's so handsome and sweet and perfect... I don't know how I snagged him so quickly!"

"By letting him get you pregnant?" Diana helpfully suggested. "Woodrow has always been family-oriented and longed for his own children. You should have seen the way he acted with Jun when he was little. He was a better father to that boy than his real father."

Cassidy stepped back, placing a finger to her lips, clearly deciding what her next move should be. I was just happy no one else was around because I knew their phones would be out and eagerly documenting this whole thing. I sighed, letting Diana tug and pull and poke.

Tiffany's bridal gown was a classic bare-shoulder square cut with a curved dip that showed ample cleavage and left plenty of wiggle room. It clung to her middle tightly enough to show off the swell in her belly while accenting everything else in a perfect way. It was loose and airy.

The definition of modern.

Mine, on the other hand, was like something straight out of the eighteen hundreds.

A high collar white gown with a simple bodice and embroidered lace trim that would cling to the top of my neck, leaving absolutely no skin there exposed. The sleeves on my shoulders were lightly ruffled and puffed, definitely Victorian-esque, but it was subtle... and very pretty. From the elbows down, the fabric clung to me, and the hemline of each sleeve was also lacy with easy-to-miss sunflowers stitched in. The frills stretched across my hands and flowered outward.

The design screamed elegance.

The skirt, unlike the previous one, wasn't nearly as loose or billowy or flowing underneath, but that was mostly because the lower portion of the dress itself had a stiffly sewn-in frame. I was pretty sure Diana had designed it to look natural and pleasing while also preventing me from tripping on it, which wasn't really that far-fetched for someone as stupidly clumsy as myself.

I liked the fact that the only color on the gown itself came from the golden embroidered flowers.

When it was finally cinched up behind me, the fabric clung to my chest and waist tightly but comfortably, since the dress itself was smartly adjustable and, better yet, slightly elastic. I resisted the urge to look at myself when Diana held out a hand and helped me off the stool.

"Al right, first part's done," she said, sitting me down on the stool. "Now for your hair, and then your makeup."

"Want me to do his makeup?" Tiffany asked. "I can do it!"

Cassidy shushed her with a swat and snapped, "it's your wedding day! You leave everything to us!"

"But--"

"Honey, I've been doing makeup longer than you've been alive," Diana said flatly, giving Tiffany a smirk that silenced her protests. "Today, you get to sit back and let me work my magic on you. I won't have you doing your own makeup, that's not how this works."

"All right," Tiffany sighed, shrugging. "I'll leave it to you!"

I closed my eyes when Diana snagged a brush with some hair accessories and just waited. I shivered when the teeth of the tool gently ran from my scalp down the length of my tresses. I felt her hands combing some of it back, pulling it out of my face and over my shoulders.