"The cold," he explained, and I frowned. "It's snowing slightly and the temperature is fifteen degrees. Running in this sort of cold would put the windchill factor at about thirty below zero and you don't have an appropriate winter jacket since we haven't taken you shopping for one."

"Oh," I mumbled. "So that's why you're not going all John Carter tonight?"

He let out an unexpected bark of laughter that shook me to my bones. 

"John Carter, eh?" he cackled, squeezing me. "I've never thought of our abilities like that, but I guess I can see the comparison."

"Obviously," I muttered. "You jump like a human flea and throw shit around like Hercules." 

"And I'm betting you find that to be a turn on," Sebastian purred, big hands sliding down lower to squeeze my butt. "Before we rest, Beloved, I want you to bite me."

"Wait... now?" 

"Yep." 

I instantly leaned close to his shoulder and kissed him gently, working my way up to where I normally bit him. I licked his skin for a little bit, gently scraping the tips of my long teeth across his neck and taking pleasure in the shiver that went through his body. Goosebumps rose up.

I smiled as I peppered him with more kisses.

"You like that?" I huskily teased, and he let out a sour grumble. "It gave you goosebumps."

"It's... stimulating," he allowed, taking a deep breath. "Sadly, though, now is not the--oh... f--"

His curse turned into a deep groan as I bit him gently, puncturing his skin with my teeth and sinking up to my gums. I squeezed him tight as sweet liquid moonlight filled my mouth, rippling and scalding and nourishing my thirst. My skin prickled as my mouth filled slowly but surely.

Every swallow made me feel alive and energized.

I felt the bulge in his groin pulse and strain against his jeans as we held each other close, felt his breathing change and become heavier. I swallowed mouthful after mouthful until I was fully sated. Only once I couldn't drink anymore did I pull my teeth out of him and crush my tongue against the punctures in place of my hand. He grunted, shifting as I staunched the wounds.

"You don't have to do that," he muttered. "It'll be healed in a few moments."

I shook my head and kept my mouth and tongue on his wounds, gentle but firm, until they closed. Only once he was no longer bleeding did I lick his tender flesh clean and wipe my mouth using his collar. He raised an eyebrow at that, but I ignored it and cuddled him.

"I know I don't have to, but I will always want to," I sighed. "I love you, Babe."

"I love you, too," he rumbled, leaning down and kissing my forehead as one powerful leg wrapped around both of mine. "Anyway, Leo's gonna drive us to Rogar's clinic so we can check up on the condition of your arm. If there aren't any problems, we'll have the cast taken off."

"Thank God," I sighed, giving him a winning smile. "It's itchy as hell."

He looked at me for a long time, gaze drifting back and forth. I heard the engine of the vehicle come to life and then there was a jolt that rocked us gently, but we didn't break eye contact even though the movement was clear and obvious. All I could focus on were those handsome eyes.

"I'll be good to you," he suddenly uttered, and I blinked. "I'll be a proper husband, Aerin."

"Okay?" I asked, concerned. "I know you will."

"I mean it. I'll provide you with a happy life and memories you can treasure," he continued, swallowing. "A home where you and our pack can live happily for the rest of our days. I'll do my best every single night to prevent... anything... from happening to you, ever again."