"Maybe you are," I mused, carefully shifting my body so I was facing his wide chest. I wrapped my leg around his hip and pulled his groin against mine even as I slid my arm around his powerful torso, leaning close to his collarbone to press kisses against his scalding skin. "Maybe this is what people call fate."

"Oh, so us meeting each other was karmic destiny, eh?" he snorted. "I call bullshit." 

"Is it?" I asked, smiling against his skin. "Because I believe that things happen for a reason, Babe. If things like destiny didn't exist, how would the Genie Dragons know that we needed help? How would they be able to change fate? I mean, they can see the future, can't they?"

To my amusement, he actually had no pithy retort and I felt him tense a little bit.

I laughed silently, shoulders quaking, and continued, "who knows? maybe we were meant to be together forever. In fact, maybe the reason we suffered for so long was all for this."

"For what?"

"The ability to properly appreciate how precious we really are to each other," I giggled in a hushed tone, tilting my head back to see his dark eyes glittering in the gloom. He smiled, a burst of pristine white that revealed long teeth. 

"I guess you have a point," he hummed, nodding as he eyed me. "Those who understand what it means to truly suffer can connect with each other more deeply and can even recognize when they truly have it good. I, personally, feel like this is the best I've ever had it."

"And it'll only get better from here," I promised, beaming at him amidst the snores of our sleeping friends, Leo's arm twitched on us, once, when he awkwardly leaned down to kiss my forehead but his breathing didn't change aside from a nonsensical mumble. "Babe?"

"Hn?"

"Could we talk? About you? And me?"

"Of course," he snorted, rubbing my back with those big hands of his. "Just try to keep your voice down. If anyone is awake, they'll hear us."

My smile faded a little, and I set my forehead against his chest, letting loose a sigh. I swept a hand along his side like a metronome. Up, down, up, down. Sebastian nuzzled into my hair like he planned on burrowing in and living there forever.

"That's some of what I wanted to talk to you about, actually," I murmured. "What is it like? What does it feel like, to be a werewolf? Comparatively?"

Sebastian hummed against my scalp. "It's hard to say. I've been one for so many years that, for me, my senses are just... normal."

"Okay, well... I can hear the guys snoring," I said, cocking my head and straining to listen. I closed my eyes and focused, zeroing in on the bodies behind me. "I can even hear their heartbeats, very faintly, but beyond that I don't get anything but breathing. No little sounds, nothing extra."

Sebastian went still, breath catching and dying in his throat.

"You hear so little?" he asked in a low tone that I couldn't read. "Truly?"

"Yeah," I sighed, shrugging. "Vision wise, I can see everything in here clearly even though there isn't a shred of light aside from the crack in the door and bits of sun creeping in from beyond the bottom of the blackout curtains covering your window. Aside from that and my hearing, my senses aren't really all that different from when I was human unless I get thirsty."

"Aside from the sensitivity, what happens when you're thirsty?"

"My body goes into overdrive," I muttered, shuddering. "I hear everything to the point where I'm practically deafened, I see everything but its too bright, too quick, too sharp, its dizzying as hell, and I feel everything so much that its like I'm being skinned. It physically hurts to the point of wanting to die."