Ch. 52

Soon, Qin Ce had no time to think about love problems.

Because the capital had declared martial law, he couldn't mix into the city last time. But because of the recent disaster, an influx of displaced people had gathered at the city gate, sending the defense guards into chaos, it was a good opportunity to sneak in.

He made up an excuse to leave Zhang Jia, and disguised himself as a guard to easily mix into the palace.

The emperor had a lot of loyal ministers in the palace, if he died and the little prince quickly followed, the ministers would inevitably get suspicious and cause a lot of trouble. This made the Queen Mother bide her time, waiting for her son to succeed the throne and then slowly drug the prince, so he could follow in his father's footsteps.

Qin Ce smoothly entered the palace and was about to collect the small prince when he was accidentally spotted by some patrolling guards, causing a city-wide search.

At the same time, Zhu Jia's servant brought him some news. Shen Wei Hou Shizi's Vice Lieutenant General and his search requirements were very consistent. He was 6ft tall, looked dignified, had a strong build, and had a smoking habit, in fact, in the army, he was nicknamed 'old smokey'.

Zhou Yun Sheng was overjoyed, he spent a lot of money to bribe some of the capital's guards to allow him into the city. He rented a room in an inn near the Lieutenant's mansion and patiently waited.

He waited for a whole day, but the man never showed up. He felt quite frustrated. Tweety and Lushi ate their lunch and then returned to their rooms to rest.

"Sir, your bath is ready, please get in." The inn keeper moved the bath screen and exposed a tub filled with hot water, but also baskets full of petals.

"What's this?" Zhou Yun Sheng pointed to the baskets, his mouth twitched.

"This was prepared by your maidservants for your bath to be fragrant. I'll help sprinkle some into the bath."

Tweety and Lushi thought that their young master had traveled into the city to meet his lover, naturally, their imaginations had ran wild. Zhou Yun Sheng was amused, he threw two silver to the too diligent inn worker, then stared stupidly at the floating petals.

Forget it, he could even give birth now, why should he care about this kind of thing? He grinned, took off his clothes and slowly sank into the water. A few minutes later, the window behind him was suddenly forcefully pushed in, a masked man entered the window frame, then froze, staring at him.

More precisely, he was staring at the Zhusha Zhi between his eyebrows.

".... You're a Ger?" The shadowed man asked.

"...Little Black?" Zhou Yun Sheng twisted his eyebrows. He heard messy footsteps running around downstairs, then the man quickly shut the window and jumped into his bath, sinking himself to the bottom of the barrel. Fortunately, the water was covered with petals, hiding everything underneath them.

The door came crashing down, and a row of soldiers rushed in, waving around their swords. They pushed away the screen to find a terrified young man, clutching his chest, staring at them with wide eyes.

"Who are you? Why did you break into my room? I'll tell you right now, I'm the fiancé of Zou Army's Commander, Fei Wenhai, if you offend him, you'll have hell to pay!!"

Zhou Yun Sheng didn't say this without reason. The Queen Mother had control over the five squadrons in the You Army, and was trying to win over the Zou Army to help with her fight against Qin's Army. She naturally didn't dare offend any of the army commanders. Plus, Commander Fei was an upright nobility and he was indeed planning to marry a second wife.