Ch. 26

Shen Yi Bin was Shen's only son so he was very favored, his food and clothing were top class. After Zhou Yunsheng returned to Shen Jia he had a few days of leisure, then suddenly he got up one day and was imprisoned by prison guards.

Shen father was a minister near the Emperor, he naturally had the opportunity to see the exam. Tian Chen Emperor suspected Shen participated in selling the questions so he was also kept in custody.

Father and son were currently squatting in a stinky cell, Shen's eyes were already a sallow complexion and he looked very haggard.

"When is mother going to send us dinner? I have not eaten an eight treasure duck in a long time." Zhou Yunsheng had a straw dangling from his mouth, rubbing his board beaten buttocks. Fortunately, he had the habit of strengthening his body when he entered a new world, or he'd now have internal injuries.

Shen father had not been dismissed yet, he was still a court officials so he didn't share in the beating, but his heart's torture was a hundred times more painful. He grabbed his son's ear and rebuked, "You obtuse child, you still want to eat? Quickly put out the person who answered your questions so we don't have to suffer anymore torture!"

"That is my own writing, how can I put them out?" Zhou Yunsheng clutched his ears, looking wronged.

Shen father saw him still not repent even in this situation, he was not even flustered, so he angrily swung his fist to beat him.

Meanwhile, Shen mother was visiting her daughter in the Seven Prince's palace.

"Mother go back, I am now worth less than mud in the river. I myself have no guarantee where could I spare the ability to save my father and brother. I sent someone to ask a few times, but the Seven Princes was not willing to see me, more unexpectedly, the Queen Mother also reprimand me. Now I'm forbidden to set foot outside, and I don't know what month or year I can be free." Shen Qiao Dan said with tears, her face in despair.

Shen mother was shocked, after a moment she sighed, "Seven Princes intends to stand idly by? Also, your brother in this life has no hope, your father's career is also ruined, and Shen Jia is useless. Daughter, you have no children and lost have your favored status, what will you do in the future? If I knew this would happen, I would've made you have an ordinary family, a stable life."

They both cried bitterly for lost chances.

West of the courtyard, Xie Yurou inquired from the maid the conversation between the mother and daughter. She dismissed the maid and sneered, "Shen Jia has fallen, Shen Qiao Dan what can you do? The bitter days are just beginning, slowly enjoy it."

A few loyal maids, all pleasing to the eye, pretended that they didn't hear anything.

The Seven Princes walked up the steps, saw the peerless beauty reclining on the couch, and his indifferent eyes immediately squeezed out a little smile.

"My husband, Mrs. Shen came, you did not ... ..." Xie Yurou was pretending to be a good and gentle person, she should naturally plead.

"Say no more, my Father is now wrathful, no one can persuade him. I can only silently beg for a blessing for Shen." Seven Princes coldly said. He knew that much truth, plus Shen Yi Bin was a failure and Shen Hui's career was basically finished, which meant Shen family wasn't worth fighting for.

Xie Yurou no longer beseeched, she raised a hand to her lips, and secretly laughed.

Shen mother left the Seven Princes' house, then brought her son and husband a just baked eight treasure duck. The family of three sat, silent.

"So, our family has become the Seven Princes' abandoned child?" After a long time, Shen father sighed.

Shen mother nodded, tears surging out.