Ch. 48

Zhang Jiarui was a scholar, he felt he was above arguing with Tweety, he calmed down and sneered, "Everyone here knows exactly who is the one really speaking nonsense."

"I'm sorry, I really don't know what you're talking about. When I took over my family business, I didn't dare to change anything, so I kept the rules set by my father. These past three years, I've been charging 50%. But two months ago, I changed it to 30%. My account books can verify it. If little brother says I've been charging 60%, then there must be a misunderstanding." Zhou Yun Sheng slowly opened.

Zhang Jiarui ridiculed, "There is no misunderstanding, just yesterday, Zhu Lao Si came to my house to pick up the rent, 60% of the grain, not one less."

Zhou Yun Sheng's face turned gloomy, he looked to one of the guards. This guard was not his, he was sent by Lao Si to guard his youngest son, Zhu Fushun. He'd wanted to hide with his father, but his father had sent him to monitor Zhi Ziyu. He gave him a loyal guard and left him.

Since Zhu Ziyu didn't keep a tight leash on him, Zhu Lao Si's holdings could compare to Ziyu's property. Zhu Fushun was raised in luxury, he looked more like how a landlord should look than Zhu Ziyu.

However, his appearance was like a pig, but his inside was cowardly. Under Zhu Ziyu's stare, and after the other guards overpowered his guard, he instantly fell limp. He kneeled on the ground and begged, his tongue was in a knot, so his babbling was incoherent.

Zhou Yun Sheng pointed to him and said, "This is the youngest son of Loa Si. I really don't know about the 60% rent, so when we go back, I'll take him to find Lao Si for confrontation. He'll certainly give the villagers an account."

He didn't need to say it, the people present could already figure out that something was fishy. Zhu Ziyu said he only took 30% rent, but Zhu Lao Si took away 60%. It was self-evident where the missing 30% went.

Zhou Yun Sheng paused, then continued, "Moreover, in my father's time we only charged 50%, never 60%. For this extra 10%, whoever was forced to pay it, I'll return it back."

His expression was ruthless, his tone cold. They all could figure out exactly who's pocket the 10% would come out from. Zhang Shulin shivered. Qin Ce gave Zhou Yun Sheng a deep look, then turned to stare at the fire, his thoughts hidden.

Zhang Jiarui had an extreme character, once he hated someone, it was difficult for him to change his mind about them, he sneered, "In the end of the day, don't you get to decide how much money you 'received'? After provoking public resentment, you'd naturally need a scapegoat. No matter what he did in secret, he is still your family's servant, you're in charge of his life and death. Poor Lao Si has been the tiger on the mountain for so long, I bet he never thought he was just a bow that's cast away after the birds disappear. How sad."
Boy, you don't know how right you are.

Zhou Yun Sheng praised Zhang Jiarui in his heart, but his expression was very gloomy, he assured, "I'm not saying I'm a good person, but I'm not wicked. I didn't overcharge the villagers or bully away their fish. I dare to swear to God, if I really instigated Zhu Lao Si to exploit the villagers, may thunder strike me down to a painful death, and after death, send me into the eighteenth layer of hell, so that I will never reincarnate!"

The ancients placed a lot of importance on fate and swearing, under Zhu Ziyu's powerful oath, Zhang Jiarui was speechless. Tweety and Lushi were terrified and angered to tears, they really wanted the guards to drive that aggressive boy out.

Qin Ce, who was throwing in firewood, suddenly crushed the one in his hand, he gravely opened, "Don't mess around with such a poisonous oath, your words, I ... ... we all believe you." In his pause, he'd filled in a 'we', it sounded rather unnatural.