Chapter 42

The next morning, Bree woke up to use the bathroom to use the toilet and shower. She ignored looking at the sleeping Dean on the floor. She was trying to put the whole thing behind her. When she finally came out, Castiel was at the table but Zion was nowhere to be seen. She could smell bacon cooking.

"Where's Zion?" She asked Castiel. Castiel was honest. "Out on a errand." He replied. "Wouldn't it be better if he was here?" She questioned. She was worried for him, she'd hate to see he had gotten hurt by Zero or Crowley. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be fine." Sam said, coming up behind her. He had two huge serving platters in his gloved hands.

Breakfast was already served by Sam. He had made pancakes with eggs and turkey bacon for everyone. At this, Bree's stomach began to growl, she hadn't realized how hungry she was until now. So she sat down immediately. Bree was eating up when Dean walked in, his hair especially scruffy from bed.

For one wild moment, Bree wanted to jump him but ignored the involuntary pang of desire coming from her belly. Dean sat down and began eating. Castiel looked over at him quizzically. "No praying?" He asked him. Dean looked up from his plate of pork bacon. "Nah, not right now. I have a headache." He replied.

"Fair. Dean, can you pass the syrup?" Castiel asked him. Dean passed him it. Bree no longer took notice of Dean continuing eating her food. Soon, everyone was done. "I'm too full to get up for once." Sam commenter. "That's fine, Bree and I will wash up for you." Dean offered. Bree looked up at him in shock.

Excuse you?

"There's something in it for you since you're looking angry." Dean replied, barely looking at her. Bree's cheeks reddened at the remark. She stomped her way to the kitchen following behind Dean, holding the plates from the table. Unbeknownst to her, Sam and Castiel were sharing a knowing look.

"What was that about?" Sam questioned Cas. Cas merely shrugged his shoulders at this. "I don't know." He replied. "You don't think something happened while we were out, right?" Sam asked him.  "I wouldn't doubt it but I don't want to find out." Cas answered.

"You're not concerned?" Sam said, taken aback by this response. "Whatever works for killing Zero. He's lethal and if it gets Dean in a better mindset to protect Bree, that's fine with me." Cas responded. "I don't know if I should bring it up to him." Sam said.

"Up to you, just as long as it doesn't jeopardize Zion and me; we are doing some reconnaissance." Cas mentioned. "What have you found out?" Sam inquired, his eyebrows furrowing. Cas leaned back in his chair and exhaled.

"We found out Zero is working with some demons, we don't know with whom though. It could be a team up but I'm unsure, whoever is working with Zero is being oddly...silent." Cas sighed.