(17) Lunch

Ala

Ala has been walking the entire evening. There is no comparison possible for the amount of energy she has today. She has been switching chores all evening, working as if she wants to get her entire weeks to do list checked.

Ayesha notices her daughter walking fast from her room to the store the fifth time. She raised an eyebrow at her. Ala was the laziest among the five children she has. If it were possible, Ala wouldn't move an inch on weekends even for food. The type of child she is,she wants someone to do all her house chores while she only thinks about baking and making money.

When Ala is crossing the living room the sixth time,her mother stops her.

"Ala", she calls. Immediately Ala stops and turns around to look at her mother. Her wavy hair move along with her due to the swift movement.

Today Ala is dressed in her black pjs, with a small scarf around her neck. She has her hair open and they look like they haven't seen the comb a good week. The usual long hair problems.

"Yes Mum?"

"What're you upto? You've been running around the house the entire day." Ayesha asks. She's hoping it's nothing to crazy, whatever Ala is upto. Knowing her child, Ayesha accepts the weirdest, and unsettling ideas coming out of Ala. Sometimes these ideas are Ala's decided life decisions.

"Nothing... Just arranging my almira. I feel like there's nothing to wear for tomorrow.", Ala looks as if she's frustrated.

"We can go shopping if there's an event."

"No" Ala shrugs "I just want to look nice tomorrow. I have to go for lunch with the doctor I spoke to you about."

Ayesha looks at Ala with confusion.

"The one that dropped me home last Monday..."

It takes a while for Ayesha to remember Ayaan. She looks at Ala, still confused, but now only for the reason behind them meeting for lunch. The look at her mother's face makes Ala want to give an explanation.

"Well... we are friends... almost"

Ayesha motions for her daughter to take a seat beside her. Ala, a little nervous, sits and looks at her mother.

Today Ayesha looks just as fresh as she always does. Ala notices how her wrinkles make her look so cute when she's smiling.

"You know boys, they're sometimes really flattering and gold looking. But you can't forget about what's right and wrong because of that. Even if you just want to be friends with him, take your time. Don't just go on a lunch date-"

Alas eyes widen "it's not a date mum!"

"-well that's what it looks like. You are going to eat alone with a guy whom you've met twice."

Ala frowns. She has genuinely been looking forward to having lunch with him. In fact she is really curious about Ayaan. She wants to know what kind of a guy he is.

"I know you're just going for lunch but I think it's better if you don't."

"You were sending me everywhere Furqan was, like a stalker! but you can't let me go on a simple lunch with a friend?"

Ala is upset. She wants to know more about Ayaan. She does realise that she has limits she shouldn't cross, but that doesn't mean she can't talk to a guy!

"I'm not stopping you, just suggesting you not to go. And about Furqan, I thought if you spent more time around him you would see how nice that man is." Ayesha says, "Maybe that wasn't the right thing for me to do. But Ala, you've rejected so many people. You can't keep doing this."