(8)

Dedicated to dream-horizon Thank you for those lovely comments *_* I wanted to dedicate to you a chapter earlier but I couldn't so I'm doing it now <3

Furqan

.

"If this is reality
I want to run away"

.

Furqan sighs. He stands with a couple of people in the elevator, the elevator making it's way to the ground floor. Furqan gets to leave early today with permission of his team leader. Hameed has asked him to take half day off from work and spend some time with his old uncle.

This isn't a usual thing.

Furqan shivers as gets out of the elevator. The ground floor is always so cold due to the air conditioners setting being always so low.

He walks till he's quite far from the elevator but suddenly stops as a voice calls out for him. At least that's what it looks like.

As he turns around, he finds a very familiar face looking at him. Standing near the indoor plants kept beside the four elevators.

Furqan stares at the girl he has met more times than he remembers. It's not unusual for him to feel uncomfortable around girls but his amount of discomfort has grown to extreme for this specific girl. And that's a first.

He doesn't want the girl to come any closer than their current distance. Four meters. Also, he doesn't want the girl to make conversation. All in all, he just wants her to ignore him and walk away, and then he will never meet her again.

He turns around, hoping she will not approach him. But some hopes are meant to be crushed. In a minute she is right in front of him. A little too close for Furqan's liking. So he walks back a little, while his eyes stare at her feet.

She breathes heavily, almost like she ran to catch up with Furqan. Then she huffs. Then she takes a deep breathe and starts talking "Excuse me, Sir. I won't take much of your time. I just wanted to know if you are the person who helped me two days ago. Actually a girl mistakenly spilled tea on me and then-"

He just really wants her to not talk to him, so he interrupts "Yes, Sorry. Yes." He mutters. His apology was meant for interrupting her but due to his unclear sentence structure, Ala doesn't understand why he apologized.

"Okay" she says with great stress. "Here..." she pushes her hands forward, and brings in Furqan's view one large paper bag "Your clothes" she says.

Furqan carefully takes the bag from her, making sure not to make contact with her hands while he does so. The girl seems to understand his efforts and Furqan can almost sense her appreciating it.

"Thank You so much for that day." The girl says in a very normal tone. Furqan notices how she doesn't talk sweetly or softly at all. She talks in a normal tone, and Furqan likes that.

"You're Welcome" He says a little too quickly. He then nods and continues walking. Not waiting for the girl to respond. He wants to turn and see her expression, to know whether she finds him weird for departing so quickly but he doesn't turn. His mind refuses to let him look at the girl again. Also, he shouldn't be doing it from an Islamic point of view.

As he makes his way outside the office, he finds her following right behind. Their small and rushed encounter leaves an impression in Furqan's mind. He feels good after meeting her and that's all his mind wants to think about now.

It's a weird thing that his mind has never done before. He finds it a little abnormal but dismisses the thought quickly and focuses on the cars he sees in the parking lot.