(4)

So this chapter is dedicated to @witteewat for her enthusiasm in the comments section! I really like reading her comments!

----

Furqan

.

"But, for every moment, I'm thankful
A road hard to walk on, isn't a road to dislike
It's a road treasurable
Because I'm strong enough, I'm to walk it."

.

Furqan now sits beside his uncle and peeks from beneath his eyes, at the three intimidating males in front of him.

He gulps.

Confidence level: 2.5 %

"Ya Allah, this is so unnerving" He thinks to himself.

Today he wears a blue button up shirt with black pants and coat, matching them with his favorite black leather shoes and his only metallic watch.

Furqan doesn't like spending much money on his accessories.

Now he isn't the type of person who saves more and spends less, he just isn't interested in buying watches, cologne etc.

He would rather buy another car.

The only thing that holds him from doing so are the teachings he received during childhood. His father used to often tell him:

But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift. Verily spendthrifts are brothers of the Shayateen (devils); and the Shaitan is ever ungrateful to his Lord.” (17;26-27)

Furqan does not believe in living in an extravagant manner. He likes to have comfort but not luxury.

Buying another car is totally unnecessary as he has no need for it.

Furqan has never cares about brands and from where he buys an item, all he cares about is the quality and lifespan of what he wants to buy.

So, today the suit he is wearing isn't some Armani suit but just a normal one from a local shop. It is comfortable though and looks decent, that is enough and more for Furqan.

"So what do you do for a living?" Abdul Hadi asks.

Furqan isn't caught off guard. This is a sure question in such meetings.

What he is actually surprised about is that Abdul Hadi has started the conversation with this question.

Do they even know my full name?

"I am a software engineer, Sir" he says boldly

Ya Allah, please let me be confident throughout, Furqan quickly prays.

I hope this's impressive. I studied too hard for the engineering degree!

Abdul Hadi nods in acknowledgement.

Suhaib, the best dressed among all the brothers, smiles.

Confidence level: 25%

At least he looks like he won't eat me alive.

"Why?"

The question surprises both Furqan and his uncle. It doesn't surprise the woman's siblings though. It seems like they were anticipating that to be the next question.

Furqan thinks about it for a few seconds.

Should I tell them the truth? I can't lie for sure... what should I do?