Chapter 37

Suru stopped his horse and stared at the tire tracks. "What's wrong?" Hoseok asked. 

"Look." Suru pointed. "Tire tracks, they're fresh." 

"What does that mean?" Hoseok asked, not understanding the situation. "That means hunters might be nearby. Stay close, these look be from less than half an hour ago so they aren't too far ahead of us." 

"But I thought cars couldn't handle the snow." Hoseok said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Normally yes, but hunters crafted special tires for their cars so they can come up here. They always drive trucks so they carry their equipment. 

Hoseok nodded and they continued up the mountain. "What do we do if we do run into the hunters?" Hoseok questioned. 

"We try and escape them. You guys never experienced these hunters. They come up here quite often trying to capture changelings for a price on the black market. I witnessed many of my friends being taken away." Suru explained, tears streaming down his face. 

"But, I can tell you are different compared to the average vampire. You care for other classes." Suru said with a small smile.

"How did you-" Hoseok stopped and remembered when Suru bit his shoulder, he looked at his thoughts and memories. 

"Yeah, your backstory is pretty tough. I admire that you were able to still stay strong during the mindset. Most give up easily due to the painful memories." 

"Yeah, but I have my friends. They were what motivated me to stay strong." 

Suru smiled. "You have good friends." 

Hoseok nodded. 

"I do." 

They continued talking as they made their way up the mountain. Hoseok was finally able to drop his guard around Suru. 

"So does Chama actually have the power to bring back the dead?" Suru asked. "I was just using the information Junsuina gave me. 

"That I don't know, I never really got the chance to properly talk to Chama ever. He and I's paths never crossed. But I do know something cool about him." Hoseok explained. "The leaders and their children gain this ability that doesn't allow any vampire who has intentions to harm them, touch them. Namjoon and his dad both have that ability, which is why we vampires submit to them easily. And since Chama's step father granted him that ability, he was able to use that. This power doesn't need to passed through genes, the vampire leaders just need to grant their children to use them, biological or not." 

"Whoa, you vampires are cool." Suru complimented. 

"Yeah, but you changelings are also interesting creatures. Everything from the tails to being able to break people's sanity." Hoseok said. 

"The sun is setting so we should pick up the pace. The tire marks  seem to be gone." Suru said. Hoseok agreed and they whipped the reins of the horses, making them pick up speed. 

An arrow shot through the bushes, hitting Suru's horse right in the side. It began going crazy, knocking Suru off it's back and began running away. 

Another arrow shot at Hoseok's horse, stabbing through the horses heart, killing it instantly. Hoseok hopped off the horse and looked out towards the bushes. 

"Hunters." Suru said nervous. 

A whole bunch of men came up from behind the bushes holding shock nets and the leashes with shock collars. 

"We may have failed to get those changelings from the school but this guy will do. And this vampire holds incredible power." One of them said, smirking. His friends chuckling. 

Suru summoned out his tail. "Stay near me Hoseok, that is not normal hunting gear." Suru commanded. Hoseok stood by him, staying alert. 

One guy threw a shock net but Suru and Hoseok jumped, dodging it. Suru swung his tail towards the man who threw the net, only to have his tail grabbed by one of the nearby men. He threw Suru towards the tree, making him scream in pain. 

Hoseok ran up behind the guy and jumped on his back, sinking his fangs into his neck. The guy tried to pry Hoseok off his back, but after a few seconds of struggling, his body fell limp. Hoseok released his fangs but got whacked in the back by one of the hunters sticks. 

He turned around and was about to attack the guy, but he was smarter and threw one of the shock nets onto Hoseok.

It wrapped around him tightly making him fall into the snow. "Hoseok!" Suru screamed and tried to get up, but the hunters around him prevented him from doing so, also wrapping a shock net around him. 

"These guys were much easier to catch." One of the men said. 

"Yeah." Another guy agreed. 

"It was probably cause there were less this time." A third guy added. 

"Oh well, we will still get a good amount of dough for them." The first guy said evilly. He walked over to Suru who was trying to get out of the net, but it kept shocking him leaving burns and bruises all over his body. 

"Tsh Tsh Tsh. He doesn't seem to give up. Hand me a saw." He commanded. 

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Hoseok screamed, trying to get out of the net. "Shut him up." The guy commanded. The two hunters who were holding Hoseok back placed one of the shock collars around Hoseok's neck through the net, tightening it. 

The collar shocked Hoseok and he fell on the snow, breathing sharply. 

"Here is the saw." One of the other guys said. 

"Good, now let's get this changelings tail." 

Hoseok looked up at the guys surrounding Suru who was trying to get away from them, terrified. 

No, I will not allow more people I care about die. Hoseok thought. He decided to do the only idea that popped into his mind. 

With a deep breath, he controlled the power of the crystal and screamed the only name that came to his mind. 

"JIMIN!!" 

***

Jimin was outside with Ketsuki watching the sunset, everyone else was making sure the carts were packed. "Ready?" Namjoon asked from behind him. 

Jimin nodded and turned around to head to the stables, but he jerked his head back to the view of the forest and mountain side. He can sense something is wrong. 

"JIMIN!!" Echoed through the air. Jimin and Namjoon knew that voice and looked at each in shock. 

Hoseok.

"Go let the others know. I am going to check." Jimin said. Namjoon nodded and ran inside to let the others know. 

"Ready Ketsuki?" Jimin asked the creature next to him, who slightly nodded its head in return. 

"Then lets go." 

1088 words. OOF, some serious stuff is going down. Should I make Suru lose his tail or not? Idk, let me know in the comments and try persuade me. I am actually enjoying writing this story. Also do you guys want me to make Chama finally appear after 37 chapters of hiding and flashbacks? Again, let me know your answers in the comments. 

Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading and please don't be a silent reader, vote and comment your opinions. I love you all and I hope you have an amazing day. 

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!