Twenty Nine

Jin sat in the office, on Yoongi desk while the man typed into his computer, focused on finishing the task in front of him as fast as possible.

They were going on their annual date night tonight, and Jin was excited. It would be the first time getting out of the house since...

Jin sighed and relaxed a bit, just sitting there and listening to the typing as Yoongi focused on the screen in front of him.

Times like these Jin both enjoyed and hated. Enjoyed because of the peace.

Hated because it let his mind wander off and think.

Think about things that he did not want to.

The longer he sat there, the more his mind wandered deeper and deeper. Deeper into the dark abyss of memories. Memories he'd long ago tried to lock in a box and keep away.

But it never worked.

The memories would spill over and leave him a sobbing mess, broken and wanting for something to help him, to reach out and offer a hand.

But it never happened, and Jin was spiraled into the never ending cycle of memories, pain and sorrow.

Even sitting next to Yoongi, his savior and a bright light in his dismal darkness...Jin found himself spiraling once more.

Seven years ago~

"Don't worry." Jin said, whispering down to his younger brother, staring at him from the bed. "I'm taking sophomore level classes, and I'm taking college courses, so when I graduate, I'll get to jump two years ahead and get a job and then we can leave." Jin promised, the same promise he gave his brother every single day.

"Leave?"

"And never come back." Jin said, nodding. Taehyung smiled brightly and nodded.

"I love you, Hyung."

"I love you, too, tiger." Jin ruffles his brothers hair and stood up straight, slinging his backpack over his shoulder and walking to the door.

"Make sure you get some beer before you come home!" Jin didn't even turn to acknowledge the voice that had yelled out to him and instead continued on his way out the door.

Since it was his first year in high school, he would be starting an hour before Taehyung. It was the one thing he didn't like, but it was a sacrifice he was willing to make if it meant that he and Taehyung would no longer be trapped in that house.

Walking along the road, Jin thought about his future.

He'd taken advanced courses all throughout middle school, and now he would be starting his sophomore year as a freshman. But he would stay at the high school for four years, taking college courses as well and attending extra afternoon classes so that when he entered university, he would be able to graduate sooner and get a job.

He'd looked up what he needed in order to gain full custody over his brother. He needed a steady job and a home. Jin had been saving up for years, and he knew for certain that he'd be able to afford a cheap apartment somewhere in the city where Taehyung could finish out school.

He always looked up jobs, but it would still be a few years before he was able to acquire one.

He had his path set, he knew what he wanted to do and he knew how he was going to get there. He had grown up far too quickly, and that was the first mistake that had led to the worst moments of his life.

Walking into the school, he looked around, his eyes wide. It was something he wasn't quite expecting, the school so much larger than his middle school had been. But he decided that he liked it.

As he walked down the halls, he weaved through students, looking down at his schedule, off to find his homeroom.

When he finally found it, he walked inside, looking around. Only about three other students were there, the others much more invested in catching up with friends before the first bell of the year rang.

Jin placed his things in one of the desks and then sat.

Before he could bring out something to distract himself before the bell rang, someone approached his desk. He looked up, and smiled at the man who was obviously going to be his teacher.

"Good morning, seonsaeng-nim."

"Please, call me Hyung." The man said, smiling gently. "I'm new this year, and you're a freshman I presume?"

Jin nodded, smiling brighter. "Seokjin." He finally said. "Kim Seokjin."

"A pleasure. My name is Kim Desung. I hope for a wonderful year."