Fourteen

Yoongi stared at Jin, unsure of what to say.

So he didn't say anything. He simply let his eyes roam down the younger man's torso.  

It was littered with scars. Burn marks and cuts, bruises that wouldn't ever heal.

“I don't know what the damage to Yejun's physical body is, but he's been mentally trained to fear and submit to that man. When I told him that I was going to tell you, he asked Yejun who had hit him and he responded with 'the nanny’. He's been brainwashed and scared into saying that.”

“And how do I know if you're telling the truth or not?”

“Ask him. Bring Yejun in here and Mr. Yoo and ask the boy who hit him earlier today for messing up when doing a scale on the piano.”

“And if he says you did?”

“He won't. He'll say 'the nanny’. You know that Yejun doesn't call me that. He never has and he probably never will. Plus, if you even know your son at all, you'll see how different he acts.”

“And what if I find you are lying?”

“Then fire me, have me arrested, do whatever.” Jin said, standing straight. “I don't care as long as you get your fucking eyes opened.”  

Yoongi nodded, turning to his phone and dialling a number. “Hoseok, bring Yejun to my office.” Jin waited in silence, not moving an inch as Yejun walked into the office.

He glanced at Jin and then at his father. “Appa?”  

“Yejun, Seokjin has told me something. And I wanted to ask you.”

“Eomma?” Yejun turned to me, his eyes wide with fear.  

“Yejun baby, you have to tell him.” Jin said gently, kneeling beside the child. “It won't stop unless you say something.” Yejun shook his head, his eyes growing wide and glazing over with tears.

“Step away from my son, Jin, I won't have anyone influencing his words.” Jin nodded in understanding and stepped away from the child.

Yoongi turned back to his son. “Does Mr. Yoo hurt you, Yejun?” He asked.

The boy didn't move, nor did he have any indication of saying something.  

Yoongi sighed, turning back to his phone.

Jin stiffened when Mr. Yoo stepped into the office. The man looked around, his eyes focusing on Jin. He sneered.

“Yes, Yoongi?” He asked, his voice low.

“My son's caretaker has brought to my attention some things concerning my son. Do you have any ideas as to what he might have told me, Mr. Yoo?”

“Why no, not in the slightest. I've only just met the man. I don't see what is wrong.”

“I never said anything was wrong, Mr. Yoo.”

“Don't use that tone with me. I know when you're about to say something bad, Yoongi, I raised you.”  

Jin ground his jaw as the man flaunted this fact. Yoongi nodded. “Seokjin told me that you hit my son earlier today. Is this true?”

“Of course not!” He said, acting shocked. “I would never raise my hand against your son. He's like my grandson.”

“Speak the truth now, Mr. Yoo, and there won't be as harsh of consequences.”

“I have never laid a hand on your son.”

“Yejun?” Yoongi said, turning to his son. “Yejun, I told you never to lie to me. Were you hit today?”

Yejun slowly...ever so slowly nodded his head yes.

Yoongi's eyes hardened and his hands curled into fists.

“Who hurt you, Yejun?”

“The Nanny.” Yejun whispered, not meeting his father's eyes.

Mr. Yoo smirked at Jin, who glared at him. “You sick bastard.” Jin ground out. “How could you do that to a child!”  

“Oh, but didn't you hear him? The Nanny hit him, and I believe…” he smirked. “...that that is ​you.”  

“Mr. Min.” Jin turned Yoongi, who looked deep in thought.  

He sighed, nodding slowly and walking towards his desk, opening a drawer.

“You know, I trusted you with the well being of my son.” The man began. “I've gone through too many people, and I have such a hard time trusting those who look after Yejun.”

Mr. Yoo smiled in victory at Jin.

“But.” Yoongi said lowly. Mr. Yoo's smile fell away all too quickly when Yoongi brought up a gun.

Jin froze as well, his eyes widening in shock.  

“I didn't expect someone I held so dear to hurt him like that.”

“Yoongi--”

“Don't fucking address me by my first name you child beating bastard. I trusted you with Yejun, yet this is how you act? Hitting him and scaring him?”

“The nanny--”

“Jin has never been 'the nanny’. Yejun has never called Jin that, and that's how I know he lied. I can't believe you would do that to my son.”

“He deserved it!” Mr. Yoo suddenly shouted. “You were such a smart child, a prodigy in everything! He's a failure! He can't do anything right!”

“He's eight!” Jin argued back. “Do you expect him to be building rockets!?”

“You know the consequences if crossing ​me ​Mr. Yoo. Not even the closest family members can escape it. You have wronged me, and you must pay.”

“Mr--!” Jin gasped and stumbled back as Yoongi shot Mr. Yoo once.

In the head.

He swallowed his scream and ran to Yejun, picking him up and running from the room, his mind traveling to too many places at once.  

His boss had just murdered somebody.