Nine

“Who are you?” Jin paused, turning from the stew he was making. His eyes landed on a new man, standing at the doorway.

He looked freshly showered, his hair wet. He was wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt.

“Uh...hi! I’m a Seokjin, Yejun’s caretaker.”

“They fired Soyun?”

“Yeah?”

“Shame. She had really nice t—“

“Jimin!” Hoseok said, coming in just at the right time. Jin’s eyes were wide in shock at the man’s shameless use of words. Even if he hadn’t said it, it was pretty damn clear what he was going to say. “So nice of you to finally come back.”

“Has Mr. Min fucked you yet?” Jimin asked Jin, his tone blunt.

Jin blushed, not knowing what to do. He looked at Hoseok, who responded by smacking the man on the back of the head.  

“Ow! What was the for? I just wanted to know so that I could see if I could get some!”

“You’re so fucking shameless, Jimin. Have some respect. Jin is a very nice and respectable kid.”

“Kid? How old is he?”

“Nineteen.”

“Huh. So he’s still legal.”

“Jimin! Not everything is about fucking!”

“And that’s how you know when Jimin comes.”

“No, you know I’m cumming when Hoseok screams like a bitch.”

Hoseok gasped, launching himself forward to strangle the man. Jimin laughed and evaded his grip with ease, running out of the room, Hoseok chasing after him.

“He’s awful.”

“He’s just... eccentric. He has quite the personality, but you grow used to it.”

“Does he do that to everyone?”

“Well, he talks like that to everyone, but we all know that he’s whipped for Hoseok, and he doesn’t fuck with others, as much as he says he does.”

“I see.” Jin turned back to cooking.  

“What are you making?”

“Just some stew. I still haven’t gotten my groceries yet and you all have next to nothing in your fridge.”

“Well, it smells good.”

“Thanks.” Jin looked over at the clock. He turned the stove off and put a lid on the stew.  “Nobody touches that until dinner time.” Jin said, pointing to the pot. “I have to go and get Yejun right now. Do you know where Hoseok ran off to?”

“You probably don’t want to go and get him. He’s probably halfway to seventh heaven right now.” Jin curled his nose in disgust.  

“Oh my god, didn’t need to know that.”

“I’ll take you.”

“Nobody will be watching the stew, then.”

“I’ll take him.” Jin turned to find Yoongi standing there, keys in hand. “I have some things to do in town, anyway. Let’s go.” Jin nodded and scrambled after Yoongi as he walked towards the front door.

Jin followed him out and to a car, getting in.

The ride to school was awkwardly silent, and Jin gratefully exited the car when they reached the school.

He walked inside and smiled at the teacher, grabbing a hold of Yejun’s hand and signing him out, before walking out towards Yoongi’s car.

“Is Appa here!?”

“Yeah, he came with me today.” Jin said, smiling down at Yejun.

“Yay! Hi Appa!” Yejun said happily as he entered the car.  

“Hey, bud. Ready to go?”

“Yup!” Jin got back into the passenger seat and Yoongi drove off. He pulled up in front of a building that Jin didn’t recognize and turned to him.  

“Stay here. Don’t get out of the car.”

“Okay.” Jin nodded and Yoongi got out, walking towards the building. Jin turned to Yejun. “How was school today?”

“It was so much fun! We colored ​and ​we learned how to spell!”

“That’s great, buddy.” Yejun’s suddenly frowned. “What’s wrong?” Jin asked, not letting it slip past his observations.

“Yejun wants a big brother. Eomma would be nice...but Eomma is eomma, and Eomma is supposed to marry Appa.”

“Yejun—“

“Everybody else has a big brother, and a Yejun feels sad sometimes.”

“I have a younger brother who’d love to be your big brother, Yejun.” Jin said, smiling.  

“Really!?” The boy perked up almost immediately. Jin laughed.

“Yes. His name is Taehyung, I’ll introduce you two when you get home.”

“Okay!”

Just then, Yoongi got back into the car. “Ready to go?” He asked Yejun.

“Yup!” Yoongi drove them back to the house, Yejun practically bouncing in his seat from excitement. He really wanted to meet his new ‘big brother’.

Once they reached the house, the boy jumped out of the car, a large grin gracing his features. He ran inside, leaving Jin to grab his school things.

Jin walked inside after collecting the bag to find that Yejun had already found Taehyung, and was basically bombarding the boy with questions.

Taehyung was rather confused, and he looked up when he saw Jin.

“Taehyung, this is Yejun.” Jin began. “He was hoping for an older brother.”

“Oh?” Taehyung smiled gently and looked down at the kid. “Well, I’d love to be your older brother.”

“Really!?”  

Taehyung nodded. “Of course. Just call me Hyung, okay?”

“Okay!” Yejun grabbed Taehyung's hand and dragged him along. Jin smiled fondly at the two boys and turned, nearly smacking into Yoongi.

“I am so sorry, Mr. Min.” He said.

“It's fine.” Yoongi said before walking away. Jin sighed and headed to the kitchen, seeing that his stew had thankfully gone untouched.  

He opened the lid and turned the stove back on the heat it up once again. He stirred it and then left it to heat up.

He walked to Yejun's room and knocked on before entering.

“Hey...I made dinner if either of you wanted some.”

“Oh hell yeah--OW!” Taehyung whined when Jin smacked him over the head.

“You'll watch your language young man. Help Yejun with his bowl, I have to go and get the others.”

“Okay.” Taehyung grumbled out.

Jin tracked down the others and told him that there was food. They all shot up from where they were seated and rushed to the kitchen.

“Hey Jin, why don't your go and give a bowl to Yoongi?” Namjoon asked.

“Isn't he busy?”

“Yeah, but he won't eat if you don't shove food at him, and I'm not walking away from my meal, because I don't trust these nitwits not to eat mine.”

“Hey!” Jungkook protested.

“Yeah, I could go and give him a bowl I guess…” Jin said with a sigh. “Just make sure to leave some for me this time, okay?”

“Gotcha.”