IT'S COMPLICATED

Everything is spinning. My eyes can't believe what I'm looking at, Shane Green in bed with me naked. I seal my eyes and open them again, maybe I'm dreaming, my heart beats fast. Can he hear my heart beating fast? I think it might come out of me. I giggle and jerk the sheets to cover my smile and excitement. Shane made tender love to me, with so much passion. He moves and I think he is going to wake, but he turns away from me. Gosh, he is easy on the eyes. His body is glorious. I trace a finger to his levels of high definition. My stomach fills with butterflies and my heart flutters for Shane. I'm in love with him. But where do we stand?

Shane opens his eyes and I pretend to be asleep. I shift quickly but it's obvious he saw me. Shane uncovers me. "Fairydust! Were you watching me while I sleep?"

I shake my head.

"I saw you, you little creep." He rolls out of bed, straight to the shower. Should I join him? The water is running. Oof, my body temperature is rising. I wrap the bedsheet around me and pick out my clothes. I walk toward the bathroom, convinced I'm addicted to him. What he did to me last night was incredible and thinking about it makes me hot for his touch. My body trembles for the first time. I push open the bathroom door. I drop the sheet, leaving my bare body exposed. The shower stops and my eyes bulged, surprised I took too long. He pulls the curtain and I'm standing stunned and he is as stunned as I am. We are both exposed. He doesn't say a word, simply pulls the towel and wraps it around his waist. I'm frozen in place, so he does the same for me.

"Fairydust, yesterday was a mistake. You and I have an agreement, we can't complicate things with physical-."

"Oh, of course." I snap out of it, cutting him off. "It was totally a mistake. A night of drunken fools doing grown-up things." What the heck I'm I saying. I'm such a dumbass. Shane is used to these sort of one-night stand, but I'm not. He is right, we have a contract. I hate him again for the misunderstanding.

"We were both in need. Let's keep it professional. Bali is a romantic destination, we can't blame ourselves. Look, meet me downstairs."

"Uh-yeah. I'll take a shower now." I wait for him to leave and slam the door and drop my body against the door and silently cry. He is right, so why does it hurt so much! I feel lost. I'm humiliated. I make decisions on impulse.

"Fairydust, are you alright in there, why are you whimpering?"

I forgot to turn on the water, I wipe my tears. "No-I pinched my finger on the door when I closed it- it hurt like hell."

"Do you want me to look at it?"

"Um, no." I enter the shower. Shane will be my first one-night stand. He is my first many things. I'm convinced Shane is my first true love. I've never felt this strong feeling, not even for Noah. I realized Noah was convenient to my situation at the time. Still, Shane and I could never be. We are from different classes and we argue and fight like cats and dogs. I hate his family as much as he does. He isn't interested in having a real wife, nor children. Honestly, I can't blame him with the type of family he is used to. I must stop this before it grows into something I can't fight anymore.

Shane storms into the room, catching me by surprise, he said to meet him downstairs. "Pack! We leave now."

"What? I thought we leave tomorrow..." He has the phone against his ear. The staff helps us pack.

I pack all my clothes that were hanging. Shane is talking on the line. "The ambulance will be there. Listen. Don't let me go. Stay on the line with me Marie. I'll be there as soon as possible."

What on earth is going on with Marie? He puts her on speaker while getting his things out the door and places the cellphone on the table. "Shane, I love you. I'm so sorry."