21. How to deal with a drunk Axel

Sunday. Sunday for Axel meant drinking and relaxing with Pixie.

It was a peaceful day until he realized that the refrigerator was empty. He groaned, as his stomach did too. With a lot of angry sounds he managed to get outside. He decided to go to a Walmart nearby.

He was already a bit drunk, so he wasn't walking straight, nor behaving as he should.

He got into the Walmart. As soon as that happened, he noticed two persons that seemed familiar. One of them was Den, and the other was Den's friend.

"Why, God, why?" He muttered. Of all the days, it was this one that Den decided to come to Walmart. It was almost like fate for them to meet.

'Fuck this. I'm going up to her!' Axel thought, then an evil smile took up his face.

He got closer to her. He noticed the girl beside Den. Casey was indeed beautiful, too bad she was gay.
Axel found Casey beautiful, too. A brunette with green eyes; that's the type of women he likes.

His attention shifted to Casey, and now he was walking toward her. Two days ago, he would be too scared to mutter a word to her, but now it's another story.

"Hi, beautiful, what's your name?" Axel spoke, with a smug face.

Casey looks at him, disgusted. He smells like alcool, which she hates.

Den noticed right away, so she interviened.

"Axel, could you take two steps back? You smell like a bar."

Casey laughed, still holding her nose. Axel got angry. Den always ruined his plans. Always.

"Hey! You are not my boss anymore, so you can't tell me what to do!" He spat out. Den shook her head. She didn't want to deal with a drunk Axel on a Sunday.

"We're leaving. Come on, Cas." She took her friend's hand and grabbed her out of there.

"Isn't that you personal assi-"

"Yes. Yes he is. Please don't mind him, he is clearly drunk."

"I don't know...he seems very irresponsible." Casey looked with narrowed eyes.

Den sighed. She didn't want to explain to her why she hired him.

Suddenly, Axel comes in the conversation.

"You can't just run away like that! I still have unfinished bussines!" He yelled.

Den and Casey turned their heads in surprise. Den knew that she had to be professional, even if she wasn't in her office right now.

"You know I could arrest you right now, right?" She said, with a threatening voice. Axel narrowed his eyes. He knew she was right. He sighed, defeated.

"But you said that we could be friends outside work..." He said, taking his sad tone.

"When did I ever tell you that I want to be friends with you in the first place?" Den harshly replied. She didn't want to cause a scene, but it was the only thing she could do to get rid of a drunk Axel.

Axel looked shocked, but not hurt.

"Ugh...I only wanted to befriend you again...to start from scratch." Axel muttered.

Den didn't show it, but she got angry. She knew what game he was playing. Honestly, he didn't even deserve her aquitance, let alone friendship.

"Get lost. We can't start from scratch if you behave like this. I still haven't forgotten our last encounter, and I'll never forget it." She gave him a death stare and continued. "If you ever flirt with my friend again, I'll fire you."