13. I should try harder

(Axel's POV)

   She grabbed my shoulders and said:

   D: "If you ever have a problem then come to me. I promise we'll figure it out." Then she smiled.

    He had brown eyes. When I look in people's eyes, I find them boring. They're just coloured spheres.

   I felt warm all of a sudden. I wasn't expecting her to touch me. She's so unpredictible.

     Den's POV

  I looked at him. His face became red. Is he embarrassed? I removed my hands from his shoulders and just stared at his eyes. He had brown eyes. Usually I find people's eyes boring, but I find Axel's eyes interesting.

   They are full of emotion in this moment. I don't know what emotion, but I can see it.

   In the next moment he ran away. I was not expecting that. I found myself just staring at the hall, when the bell intrerrupted me. I went back to class.

    I looked after Axel, but he wasn't there. He usually doesn't come late. What's the matter with him now?

     Axel's POV

I ran away. I don't know what got into me. I ran in the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My face was red.

    And it never was this red in my life. What happened? What...made me turn red? I don't...understand?

    I still felt Den's hands on my shoulders and how warm they were. I could feel it through my jacket. It was such a nice feeling.

     I think I'm sick....I should go to the infirmary.

    I went and nothing was wrong. Everything was fine, except my heart rate. The nurse said it's faster than usual.

      Do I have a crush on Den?

  After school I went straight home. I couldn't face her. I only had crushes on celebrities, not on kids in my class!

     What do I do now? Will my heart flutter every time I see her? Will I be 'lovesick'?

     Do I even have a chance?

    No, I shouldn't think about that. I should stick to my plan. It will eventually go away...

    That's a good idea, though! Maybe If I get her to like me and we get together, she'll tell me everything.
Should I change, or stay the same?
   Maybe I should be more charming...just for my plan.

    What should I do?

    I googled 'How to make a girl like you'

    I stoop up all night reading articles like that

    I stoop up all night reading articles like that. Why am I trying so hard?

   The next morning I tried to dress up more fancy. I didn't know what I was doing, to be honest.