4. This new kid...

"- and here is the counselor office." I said, finally finishing the tour. It was much more walking then I thought.

  "Thank you!" He says politely.

  "No problem." I said, giving him a fake smile.

  Then the bell rang and we both went together in class.

  "Could you also inform me about the teachers?" He said, quietly.

  "Yeah. Sure. But after this period. We don't have much time now." I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, although I still understood him, somehow. I was distracted by the words he used and his tone.

  "This kid seems educated. He has manners. He always followed behind me and nodded to what I was saying. He really was paying attention.
  Maybe he comes from a better school or something. I'll ask him later.

                        At lunch

    We actually don't have a special room where we go or we don't necessarily eat in this break. Here we just call it the 'long break' 'cause it lasts longer than the usual ones.

  Anyway, I usually eat in the first break, but I had to show Axel around the school, so that didn't happen.
  I was eating my sandwich peacefully, when Axel intrerrupts me:

  "Hey!"

  "Hi..."

  "Oh! What are you eating?"

  "A...sandwich..." I said, looking at him confused.

   "Well, I hope it's good! You seem to enjoy it." Then he smiled.

  "If you want some you can just ask, you know..."

  "Oh! No, I don't. I was just trying to be polite. I don't know how to make small talk." He was kinda embarassed.

  "Uh...thank you?" (Facepalming internally)
   Why did I say that?!

  "For...what?" He was confused by this point.

  "Ah, well...nevermind..."  I said awkwardly.

  I honestly can't do any better, can I?

"I could tell you about the teachers if you want." I said, finally breaking the silence.

  "Alright, I'm all ears!"

          After a long explanation

  "-so, that's it." I said exhausted of all the talking I did.

  "Thank you. I'll keep in that in mind."

  You better do! The break is almost over and I haven't even finished my sandwich!

  "You better- I mean that's good to know."

"Alright. I'll see you in class!" And then he turned around and left.

God. Why couldn't you go to another person? Why me?

  The rest of the recess I just stood there eating my food rapidly and thinking about Axel.

  "Weird, but intriguing. I can't figure it out. Why me?
  Oh. He probably knows that since I'm the quiet kid I know everything. Meh. Only bothering me.
   He would have to be pretty smart, though. And observing. Yeahhhh, he is definitely observing. I've seen him looking at me. Trying to read me.

  He didn't really get the chance though. I can't look in people's eyes, unless they're my family or a good friend.

  I see what you're trying to do, Axel.

                          At home

I found a channel named "Crime and investigation"

  Perfect!

  God I love these types of shows!
I remember that one time I watched a show called "Air disasters" and I loved it!
  Anyway, I found "The criminal hunter" which was about a detective named Joe Kenda who solved nearly 400 cases and.... Ooops, I'm fangirling, sorry.

   After the show ended my mind started thinking about Axel, without my permission, may I add.

   Why is he so...interesting. Maybe 'cause there is finally something unusual happening. I've been looking for something new for so long.
   Maybe I'll spend more time with him.

  "Den! Mom said to help me with homework!" My little sister.

  We look very alike, but we're total opposites. Just trust me on this one.

  "I'm coming in a sec." I said getting up.

                           At night

   I usually stay awake at night and think about all sorts of things until I fall asleep. I mostly think about bad stuff that happened to me and I cry a lot, but the next morning I feel relieved, somehow.

  This time, I was thinking about what would change now that Axel came in the picture.

  Hmm... Idk. He is kinda attractive and has a nice personality. Alissa will definitely be all over him.
  I don't know about other girls, though. Maybe Sarah, or Kassie, girls from other classes. Who knows.
   I kinda feel bad for him, once he discovers what a mess this class is, he'll be disappointed for sure.
  Why do I even care, though?
  Hnghhhh let's just sleep. What'll happen will happen.

(The characters mentioned above will not reappear in the story so there is no point in introducing them, they are Den's classmates, that's all)

  Then I fell asleep and had a dream about monkeys throwing wigs at my dog. The end.

-786 words-