Torture

I leaned against the door and rummaged through the gray plastic. I ended up shredding it to pieces. My cravings took over my body and my mind was no longer rational. All I can remember is the smell and taste of cold, raw meat and metallic blood. 

Before I knew it, the only thing left was the bone. 'Now you won't such a pain will you?' I hoped the craving would go away. I checked what i had left. The diced lamb was all that was left. 'Great!' I thought sarcastically. 'How the hell is that supposed to alleviate this stupid craving?' 

I wiped the blood off my mouth with the back of my hand and then collected all the rubbish. I ran upstairs, stuffed the meat in the mini fridge in my room and made my way to the bathroom. I decided to take a bath.

Being the genius I am, I turned on the tap and let the water run warm, without remembering my deep cuts. I had to bite my lip to be able to sit in the bathtub of warm water. I bit it so hard that it started to bleed.  I pressed my index finger on it and held it there for a while until it stopped. I almost cried out in pain when I tried to get out.

It was torture. Almost.

There was a knock on the door. "Hey Chloë, are you okay?"

It was my older sister, Andréa.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine."

 "Okay, just remember I'm here if you need me," she said from behind the door.

"Okay," I called back. But i knew secretly that she could never find out. Ever.