Fucking Shit!

Chlöe's P.O.V. 

I didn't know what was going to happen, so when the bell rang, my heart skipped a beat. My eyes involuntarily flickered to Jared next to me. When I didn't see him, I looked around and spotted him walking towards the door of the metal staircase next to our classroom. I frowned. I half expected him to wait for me. I just shrugged it off and walked to the door of the classroom.

"Chlöe!" Mr Kennedy called. I groaned internally.

"Yes, sir?" I asked as sweetly as I could possibly pull off in that moment.

"Could you hand this to Jared if you see him? He seemed to have forgotten it."

'Shit! Another reason to see him. Ugh! That douche! He must've forgotten it on purpose so that I couldn't dog him! Bastard.'

"Sure sir," I replied, giving him a fake smile.

"Thank you," he said, handing me the diary,

"It's okay, sir."

With that, I hurriedly left the building, only to run down the stairs and mentally prepare myself for the conversation about to occur. I turned right after stepping off the last step and walked into the undercroft. The canteen windows' shutters were down. It was strangely quiet. It was only 3:15. The bell had only rung ten minutes ago.

'Well everyone must have really wanted to get out of school today. Oddly convenient.'

I walked to the centre of the undercroft. I looked around and couldn't find Jared.

'The bastard dogged me! Oh how dare he! Just wait 'til tomorrow morning before home-'

Suddenly, I felt butterflies errupt in my stomach. I could smell his scent. I didn't even realise the I had unconciously matched his scent to him. I bit my lip. I almost heard his silent footsteps walking towards me, my back to him. I felt his warm breath fanning my neck. My breath hitched. I felt a tingle go down my spine. He knew he had made his presence known.

"Boo," he whispered, his lips partially grazing my ear. My heart was thumping in my chest. My stomach seemed to have multiple volcanoes of butterflies erupting. My pulse quickened. I waited for his next moved. He lingered there for a bit, the proximity driving me crazy, and then walked around me until he was directly in front of me. 

I don't know what exactly what is was about him, but in that moment, for some unknown reason, he intimidated me. Maybe it was the atmosphere and how quiet it was. I still can't be sure to this day. I gulped and regained my composure.

"What do you want?" I asked. He smirked.

"What do you think?" he retaliated,

"What do you want?" I repeated.

"And what if I want to know what you think I want?" 

"I want to know what you want, not what I think you want," I said. I was losing my temper now. 

"I'm running late so if you wouldn't mind, could you please get to the bloody point so that we can both leave?" I was close to begging. 

"We are both running late," he said, his voice becoming cold and losing all signs of his joking self. 

"Just get to the point, please," I said exasperated. My voice was strained, 

"And what if I don't want to get to the point?" I rolled my eyes.

"Are you fucking kidding me? So, so you're just going to waste my time?"

"Do you really want to know why I asked you to come here?" he said, taking a step closer to me. I ignored it.