A Note

Chloe's P.O.V.

I was confused about Jared all day that day. I kept replaying the events that unfolded over and over in my head. I had never realised the specks of green in his light brown eyes, or the depth of his dimples. I shook my head. I shouldn't have been thinking of him or anything to do with him right now. I had too many other important things to worry about. Like that gnawing at the back of my stomach, warning me that the craving was getting worse.

During homeroom, I managed to sneak a few glances at him. but I wasn't looking forward to music. First, Jared was in my class, and second, Mr Kennedy was my teacher. Not to mention the fact that my class was full of idiots bar three people excluding Jared. 'Oh joy!' I thought sarcastically. 'Just what I need to end the day with!'

I decided not to bother about thinking about it. Nothing worth remembering happened that day up until lunch break. Usually during lunch break I would go to the canteen and buy a burger and red or blue powerade and go back to my group undisturbed, but that day was something else.

I walked to the canteen and waited in line. I got my usual burger and powerade, along with a nice compliment from one of the canteen ladies (she was my favourite) and walked back to my group, but on the way, I decided to make a detour to the amphitheatre. My friend,  had told me to meet her there.

The amphitheatre wasn't large, but it wasn't small. It had grey, concrete steps, large ones, going around in an octogonal shape, and in the middle were smaller steps. The steps went down until they were level with the bitumen on the yard. 

"Chlö! Over here!" Lexi called from across the yard, signalling for me to walk to her.

"You looked like a lost puppy hun," she said when I finally reached her. I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue.

"Okay, who is it?"

"Huh?" I widen my eyes slightly in bewilderment.

"Who's the guy?"

"The-there isn't a g-guy," I stuttered. She raised an eyebrow and cocked her head.

"Do you think I'm dumb?" she asked.

"No!"

"Then what's his name?"

"How do you even know it's a guy? It could be pizza, or a book, or a song or-"

"First of all, you are straight, second, you are way too happy and I've only seen this once before and that was in myself. So who is it?" She finished after cutting me off.

"Okay his name is..." I paused.

"Yes?" 

"I'll tell you later," I said quickly.

"Wait, what? Why?"

"Walk. I'll show you who but promise not to do anything too weird," I instructed her.

"Me? Weird? Never!" she scoffed sarcastically. 

I rolled my eyes and smiled as I walked towards the handball courts and undercroft once again. 

"Hey wait for me!" she called out. 

"Hurry up, slow coach!" I shouted back, slowing down.

 She caught up and I continued walking, assuming she followed. She did. 

"Alright," I sighed, coming to a stop. "But do not freak, I repeat, do not freak."

"Yeah, yeah, alright! Who is it already? You're killing me!" she whined. I couldn't help but think back to the explicit yet confusing visions I had had earlier in the week. 'Gross.' I shook my head.