Blood

It was another boring train ride home from school. I was sitting in a seat next to the window with my black earphones in listening to Afraid by The Neighbourhood. I love them. I guess it is because I can relate to their songs. I was chewing on my thumbnail and listening to the song. I had a habit of biting my lip or nails.

Then I heard the announcement ring out "Next station..."

I zoned out after that. That was the station I needed to get off on.

"When I wake up, I'm afraid, somebody else might take my place..."

I felt a strange sting from my thumb and realised that my thumb was bleeding. I realised that i had *gags* eaten the flesh of my thumb without even noticing! I quickly wrapped my black shirt around my finger and frantically searched through my dark blue purse for a band-aid. I found one and carefully wrapped it around my thumb. 'Please don't let anyone have seen that!' I thought desperately, my eyes skirting the carriage.

No one was watching me. 'Thank God!' 

"Next Station..." 

As soon as i heard the announcement I jumped up and checked if there was blood on the seat. My heart dropped. There was. And it wasnt only a little bit, oh no, it was a lot. 'How much blood does my finger have? Farout!' I quickly covered it with my scarf and let it soak. I picked up my scarf and put it in a black plastic bag I found in my bag and went up the stairs to wait for the doors to open.

When they did i rushed out and walked home as quickly as my legs could carry me without running.