Catch

❤️💜30k uwuwuwuwuwu legends lets make it to 35💜❤️

"This- This really isn't the best t-timing, Reaper."

"Timing? Do you think I care about your timing?" Reaper hissed, pointing his scythe down at Nightmare and letting the tip press into his sternum harshly, earning a wheeze of pain.

"The dogs will rip us apart you idiot!" He went to get up, only to feel the sharp pressure of Reaper's boot press down on his wrist. He ground it down slowly, earning hisses and gasps of pain through his gritted teeth.

"Dogs? No they won't, they're staying back and watching the show~" He laughed, tilting his to the side and his grin widening. "They want to watch me tear you to shreds~"

Nightmare bit back any sounds of pain as Reaper dug the heel of his boot further into his arm, letting out a choked snarl instead. "You're psychotic."

But he was right. The dogs had made it to the centre, all of them stood less than ten metres away from the two fighting boys with their eyes fixated hungrily on the scene.

They were monstrous, large black dogs that resembled wolves but at least twice the size. All of their fur was black, rough and shaggy looking and already matted thickly with dry or wet blood. From who he didn't want to know. Attached to their paws, five kitchen knife-like claws dug into the soul, twitching impatiently as they stared. All but one had cold, icy blue eyes that seemed to physically freeze you, practically dripping with malice. The odd one's eyes were crimson red, narrowed and alight with the hunger to kill. They panted softly, yellow fangs stained with blood and dripping with thick, stringy saliva that got caught in the fur around their jaws and shined in the light of the ever-so-faded moon.

"You really think so? I like that word, describes me well~" He chuckled lowly, his tongue poking out of his mouth to show his sharp white teeth.

Nightmare ground his teeth against each other, his arm with the crossbow currently being crushed. He couldn't just simply shoot him this time. "You know Reaper- It was kind of funny to see your little pet Geno have his neck snapped."

Above him Reaper stiffened slightly, his expression of amusement turning into one of sorrow. But it only lasted for a second before he roared and lifted the scythe above his head and swinging it down on the direct path to make Nightmare into a sushi kebab.

The octopus slammed his left arm into Reaper's leg, sending him off balance enough to let him roll to the side. The scythe dug deep into the soil, the blade quivering at the force. Grunting, he brought his knee up to collide with the deranged skeleton's crotch.

Reaper yelped, stumbling back and clutching his aching lower region with a look of pure rage on his face. "You--!"

Nightmare lurched to his feet, panting and wincing at the pain in his wrist. Cracks ran across the dark bones like splits in ice, zigzagging in lightning strikes that merged together into a spider's web. He tried to ignore the throbbing feeling, wiping the blood and dirt from his chin. "What? Did I hit a nerve?"

"You didn't kill Geno." He snarled, his seemingly permanent smile widening as he circled him round the scythe, eyes not leaving him once. "That irritating teen from eleven did. The partner of your friends pathetic little ally."

"And?" He swallowed, his eye lingering on the hilt of the scythe intently. Reaper barked a laugh, taking a step closer to his weapon. "I slaughtered him. As penance for what he did to my Geno. My poor, sweet Geno."

"Get to the point."

Reaper stared right at him, his grin stretching even wider. "Oh Nightmare, you don't get it, do you~? You're also the reason Geno died. If you hadn't been there to distract him, he would have seen Dust coming and surely killed him. But you got in the way."