Dull

iM lAtE-–

All these chapters will be late for a week sorry

❤️💜26k let's get to 35 Jdhzhsjsjxhsjsj💜❤️

Epic stared at the TV screen blankly, his non-existent blood boiling. Beside him, Chara constantly shot him nervous glances but was too hesitant to actually make a move and calm him.

The skeleton clenched his hands into tight fists, watching as his best friend - and secret crush - Cross, kissed that disgusting privileged boy. He hated seeing his hands grip onto Cross, gently caressing the side of his face. It was so fake, couldn't he see? Nightmare had obviously planned this from the beginning, knowing that the audience would love a bit of romance for once in the arena. He just had to choose Cross. Poor naive little Cross with a soul too kind to everyone. That good nature of his had already ended in the heartbreak of Blue dying, and soon it would be the betrayal of that boy that broke him next.

He hated seeing him manipulated like that. He hated it.

"Epic dear, you'll wear you eyes out..." Jakei muttered silently, resting a hand on his shoulder. "Just try not to pay attention to it."

The teen scowled, shrugging her hand off and keeping his eyes fixated on the screen as Cross and Nightmare finally pulled back from their kiss and giggled silently together. They seemed so happy. But it was fake. It had to be.

Staring suddenly at Chara, he grunted. "Do you think they're genuine?"

Chara blinked in surprise, spluttering quite a lot of nonsense as he tried to find his voice. Truth was, he'd always been rather intimidated by Epic, the teen not exactly being his favourite. "I-I--"

"You?" He raised a brow, pressing further.

The boy looked away quickly, pressing his small palms tightly together as he watched Nightmare flick Cross' forehead softly and making the smaller flinch and whine quietly. "I um, I-I'm not sure..."

"Not sure?" He snorted. "You have to have some sort of opinion on them. Do you think they're acting or not?"

Flinching, Chara stared at his brother's content and genuinely happy expression. It was as if he'd forgotten that he was still in the Hunger Games, thinking they were cuddled up in their home bedroom or something.

"No." He shook his head confidently and shifted ever-so-slightly away from the aggravated skeleton. "Cross isn't acting. 100%."

Epic growled, pushing himself up to his feet and storming away. "Of course he isn't."

——————

Papyrus tugged at his scarf nervously, watching as his older brother was battered mercilessly by the thunderstorm. He was crouched pathetically under a large tree, his hood pulled tightly over his skull and soaked right through. All his clothes were drenched, sticking wetly to his bones and sending chills throughout his whole body.

He'd attempted to build a fire for warmth, but it was quickly destroyed by the unforgiving wrath of the rain, stabbing down on the tiny flames like needles and extinguishing them.

The TV hadn't been showing much of his brother lately, focusing mainly on the last remaining duo of the games. The District Twelve two. If his own brother - Dust - hadn't also been in the arena, he'd be rooting for them all the way. But the knowledge that that dark boned skeleton and his brother were still alive terrified him. And that Reaper guy. As much as he hated to admit it, those three could all overpower his older brother easily. And with Reaper holding a grudge against him for killing his partner, he was really in danger. Big danger.