Prologue

HhhhHHAAAAPPPYYYYY CROSSMARE ANNIVERSARY YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYA.  

Time to celebrate my favourite ship of all time with a new book uwu

It'll be longer than Pirates >:3 Probably around thirty-five to forty chapters

This book is a real slow burn. Like, r e a l slow burn kinda possibly yeah I guess so, so uh sorry but I'm trying to develop more aha 😅

Djxhhsjs anyways hope you enjoy, sorry about the short prologue, it's kinda what I do, and hApPy HuNgEr GaMeS—

Oh and by the way the plot isn't e x a c t l t the same. I've changed quite a few things cuz otherwise you'll all know exactly what happens, and I'll get bored 0-0

So yea

Enjoy asparaguses

Years ago there was a rebellion.

The thirteen districts turned against their rulers, the Capitals, and started a war. A war that they'd never be able to win. Thousands of people died for the sake of nothing.

The Capitalists weren't happy at all. They rounded all the people into their Districts and set an example to them to the District that had rebelled the most. Thirteen.

They bombed that District until there was nothing left. People, animals, crops, all destroyed in a public exhibit of the Capital's power.

As punishment, the furious Capitalists devised a game. A game that would soon become known as The Hunger Games.

Two tributes would be picked from each district at random in an event called "The Reaping". They would would then represent their district in The Hunger Games. Twenty-four kids aged from twelve to eighteen would go into that arena. Only one would come out.

That one tribute would be the winner, and was then showered with wealth and everything they could ever ask for for the rest of their lives. "Compensation" as the Capitalists called it.

Typically only high Districts ever one. Most kids up there actually trained to fight in the games. But for people like the civilians of District eight and downwards, the Reaping day was something to forever be afraid of.