The Arena

❤️💜7k yey that makes me hap💜❤️

"You ready?"

"No."

Horror sighed, resting a hand on Cross' shoulder gently. "Cross, you'll be fine."

"Fine?" He let out a dry laugh, looking around the mainly empty room. "In less than five minutes I'll be forced into a death match in which I'll be ripped apart immediately!"

"That will not happen." He shook his head softly, rubbing his shoulder with his thumb. "Look Cross, you got that eleven for a reason, show everyone that reason."

"I-I don't think I can." He stuttered, his whole body shaking already.

"You can. I know it." He gave him a serious look, staring into his eyes. "Just relax and stop panicking."

He inhaled shakily,l and closed his eyes. "O-Okay, I can try..."

"Good." He nodded. "Now listen. In the centre of the arena will be some sort of structure with all sorts of supplies littered about it. Take my advice now, don't go for them. That place has the highest death toll in the first five minutes. You don't want to risk it, especially being such a high target. From what I've heard there will be a forest, run for it, you understand me?"

"Ignore the stuff, run for the forest. Got it." He swallowed, nodding.

"Good. Now get in." He pointed at the cylindrical glass pod in the corner of the room, a pained expression on his face.

"Can't I-I just stay here? Let it go up empty?" He pleaded, shaking his head.

"They'll only kill you Cross. Up there, you have a chance. And at least your family have a chance to be proud of you instead of knowing you simply hid like a coward. We all have problems Cross, we can't run away from all of them."

The smaller flinched but nodded, forcing his feet to walk over to the pod. "I-Its okay, I'll be fine..."

No sooner than he'd stepped in, the door slid shut and trapped him inside.

Cross immediately panicked, pressing himself and looking at Horror through the glass in fear. He saw the taller mouth something, but he couldn't hear it through the glass. And then the platform jolted, starting to move.

As the cylindrical platform rose up it took everything Cross had to not break down suddenly and start screaming.

He felt trapped, stuck in his current position now. There was no turning back from this. Once this platform reached the top, it was over. He was going to die. There's no way in hell he'd ever be able to win this, let alone even kill someone. Or even hurt them.

He'd only ever killed animals, and that was because his family needed the food. It was for a good cause. This would just be killing in cold blood.

Remembering what Horror had said, he tried to relax as much as possible. As soon as the timer hit zero, he'd just run. There was no point in trying to grab anything like a weapon or provisions. He'd just run. Otherwise he'd be slaughtered on the spot.

Maybe he then ran the risk of starving to death or something horrible like that, but he'd have a better chance of survival out there compared to in the centre blood bath.

That's where all the people that trained came to shine. Bloody killing was their specialty. His was not that at all. His was staying quiet and keeping out of people's ways, respecting their boundaries. Ah yes, because that would definitely help him win this.

A glint of sunlight shined over his head and he looked up in surprise, his eyes widening in fear as he caught sight of blue sky above him.

They'd reached the arena.