So here's the Plan

❤️💜14k nearly my goal lmao💜❤️

"Right so here's the plan." Cross dropped the last heavy branch onto the large pile that both him and Blue had accumulated over the past four hours.

The smaller crouched down next to him as he started poking at the ground with a stick, and drawing a large circle in the dirt with a circle in the middle, and three smaller X's littered around it that represented the giant campfires they'd been building.

"We're here." He pointed at the third X. "The cornucopia is there." He jabbed at the circle in the middle. "When we split up, you have to light this fire, then go to the next one and light it, and then the next before we meet back up again, okay?"

Blue nodded softly, staring at the dirt map intently.

"As soon as these catch fire they're going to smoke like crazy so you better run as fast as you can to the next one and so on. We should meet somewhere around here." He stabbed the stick into the soil a while away from the last X on the map.

He nodded once again, standing up with Cross by his side. "Yeah, and if we pull this off, then almost everyone will have a fair chance of winning this thing."

"Exactly." He pat him on the skull, letting his hand rest there for a moment before he shouldered his backpack. "Now let's go."

"Wait- We need some sort of signal, so if we can't find each other, we know we're around." Blue said, gripping onto his arm.

"Oh, I guess you're right." Cross frowned, looking around. "But what could we do?"

"I have an idea!" The smaller jumped, looking up at the trees around them. "Watch this!"

He blinked, watching as Blue pursed his 'lips' and whistled four notes. For a moment nothing happened, but then a chorus of song birds sounded, all of them copying the same little tune Blue had made.

Blue grinned, looking up at him. "These birds mimic songs they hear, so if we whistle that to each other and the birds replay it, we'll know that each other are close."

"That's a great idea, Blue." He smiled, nodding. "We'll do that."

The two of them hugged briefly and wished each other luck before Cross turned and pushed through the bushes, heading in the direction of the arena's centre.

Cross glanced back a few times to see Blue waving at him and wishing him good luck before he trekked too far to see the bouncy kid. He kept one of his knifes gripped in his hand, using it a bit like a machete to slash away all the growing vines and leaves. They continuously grabbed at him, thorns ruining his clothes even more and sending them into an even worse state than before. Roots did their best to trip him up and send him stumbling, but he managed to fight his way through with only minor incidents.

It took him half an hour to get to the centre of the arena. He crouched behind some holly bushes, his eyes narrowed as he surveyed the scene in front of him.

In the centre where the cornucopia was, all the crates of food and loot were piled up in heaps, weapons, food and survival supplies visibly packed in. A small sort of tarp area had been set up with some large sticks and a square piece of fabric that probably came from one of the crates or packs.

Sat down under the tarp, he could make out the figures of both Geno and Reaper, the taller being asleep with his back resting against some crates while the slightly insane one picked at the flowers by his feet, slowly tearing them into nothing. And then the girl from district Eight was with them, sat up on one of the crates with a spear in her hand as she stared off into the distance and scratched her arms. So they'd all survived the trackerjacker attack apart from the boy from Six. A shame really.