Cannon Shot

"There's a drop there, Angel boy."

"I know Killer, I'm not blind." The golden skeleton hissed, momentarily looking back to flash a death stare at him.

The cocky dripping eyed skeleton grinned and gave a smirk. "I'm saying just to make sure. I don't want you falling down there and snapping your neck or something."

"I'll snap your neck in a moment if you don't shut the hell up!"

Killer blinked, staring at the back of the teen in front of him. His bow and quiver full of arrows were slung over his shoulder, ready to be whipped out at any moment. In his right hand he held a long sword, its blade stained deep crimson with the blood of the other tributes he'd successfully killed. His clothes were covered in blood and dirt, rips and tears streaking across it.

Killer's were mostly the same, stained and filthy with blood speckled over the dark fabric. He'd got most of the blood on him when he'd killed Abi, Dream's partner. She'd jumped out of nowhere, wrapping a length of barbed wire around his neck and jerking it back harshly. He'd choked and thrashed feverishly before managing to impale her with an out sticking low branch on a tree. It had speared right through her, freeing Killer and leaving her to twitch and gasp until she finally died and went limp.

Dream had found Killer around five minutes later, collapsed on the ground and weakly tugging at the barbs that had stayed lodged into his neck.

For a reason that Dream didn't even know himself, he helped Killer instead of killing him, despite seeing how he'd murdered his partner. He kind of hoped that Killer would run off and leave him alone with a thank you or something, but the skeleton had instead stumbled after him like a lost puppy. A very annoying and cocky puppy at that.

So there they were.

"Hey angel boy?" Killer called, gripping onto his knife tighter as they walked over a fallen log that made a bridge over a weak trickling stream.

"Call me that one more time. See what happens."

"...Uh, Okay then Dream, I'm thirsty."

"Too bad."

"There's a stream literally right beneath us."

"Don't care."

"Dreeeaaaammmmmm..." He groaned

"Killleeeerrrrr..." He mimicked, putting on a high pitched voice that sounded nothing like the taller skeleton.

"Pleaaassseeeee..."

"No."

"You're a dick."

"I've been told."

"I'll stop annoying you if we can drink."

"No you won't."

"Dream, stop." He ordered, ceasing movement as they got off the log.

"You're not my mum." He called, continuing to walk.

"I'm not moving!" He said, staring after him.

"Good, now I don't need to have you following me any more!" He yelled back, holding up his middle finger.

"Dream!"

He was already gone, disappearing into the trees and bushes.

"Fucking high up dick." Killer muttered, huffing to himself and pulling out his long empty bottle from his rucksack. "Won't even stop for something so important like water? Idiot."

He shook his head softly, unscrewing the cap and dipping the bottle into the water and watching as the stream quickly filled it up. Once it was full, he screwed the cap back on and looked in the direction Dream had gone in. "He'll come back in a minute, just you wait and see..."