Chapter 1

Ben and Joe were destined to be best friends. Their mothers made sure of that. The girls had met in primary school and have best friends since. Finishing university together, working as nurses in the same hospital, getting married, and even giving birth 17 days apart. Joe was born first and never let Ben forget it. The boys had tummy time play dates together while their mums chatted about sleep schedules. They even had a joint first birthday party and every single birthday after that. The boys would constantly hear their mums chatting away and one thing always stuck out: Tell me a secret. Then they would tell each other a secret, whether it was big, small, silly, or serious. And their secrets were safe with each other.

The boys are five years old and just finished their first year of school. Ben's mom had a get together to celebrate. The boys played pirates and mermaids with their classmates while the parents sat on the patio chatting away. Ben said the girls should be mermaids and the boys should be pirates.

Ben turned to Joe and said, "Hurry lets get to the tree house first, that can be our ship!"

Joe's face had little excitement, he shrugged and said back, "That's okay I guess."

Ben grabbed his hand and they hurried up the tree house. Joe wasn't as in to the game as Ben was but he always had fun playing with Ben.

"Joe, come look quick!" Ben shouted while waving Joe over.

When Joe walked over and saw what he was pointing at, Rosemary. She was a sweet girl from their class with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"She's the prettiest mermaid! Don't ya think, Joe?" Ben said with so much excitement.

"She is pretty!" Joe said.

Joe thought Rosemary resembled Ben; blonde hair, blue eyes, same button nose. So yes, Joe thought Rosemary was pretty. They continued playing until day turned to night and the kids and parents left one by one. Their mothers had set up a tent for them in the backyard. Laying next to each other in the tent finally about to fall asleep, Joe turned to Ben and said

"Tell me a secret Benny".  Joe said looking at Ben.

"I fancy Rosemary. Please dont tell her!". Ben said. He knew his secret was safe with Joe.

"Always" Joe responded putting his pinky to Ben. Ben pinky promised with Joe and said "Tell me a secret Joe!". Joe sat pondering what to tell his best friend.

"I wanted to be a merman today, not a pirate." Joe said staring at his hands.

"Alright, you can be my merman next time!" Ben explained to Joe

Ben loved to make Joe Happy. Joe smiled from ear to ear, he would love to be Ben's Merman. The boy drifted off to sleep still holding each others pinkies. After that night, Rosemary became one of their close friends. The three of them grew very close. Sometimes Joe would get jealous, but Ben always, reassured him that they were best friends.

Somebody to Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें