"I have done nothing to Noah! Nor to anyone else!" He groaned.

"Oh yeah? So you won't mind if I go report you to the police then?" Damn. My confidence had built up. Thank you natural acting skills. I just hope it doesn't wear off anytime soon.

Coach Morris clenched his teeth. I caught his fists were clenched as well.

I pivoted towards the door without hesitation, ready to go out and do exactly what I said in order to provoke him.

However, by the time my hand was about to touch the doorknob, I was pulled back. A strong arm was wrapped around my waist tightly while another strong arm circled around my shoulder with the hand clamping my mouth.

I grasped for the hand on my mouth while trying to let out a scream, only to end up with a muffled one. I squirmed to escape but Coach Morris was way too strong for me to be able to fight back.

My eyes were starting to swell with tears. My heart's beating fastened to the point that it would explode out of my chest.

"You should have minded your own business kid," I could feel Mr. Morris' breath against my earlobe as he whispered. Still trapped against his arm, I tried kicking my feet and shaking myself while squealing muffled cries for help.

His hand was large enough to cover my nose as well as my mouth. His hand clamped tighter over my nose and mouth, blocking any possible airway for oxygen to enter.

I was slowly running out of breath. My squirming slowed down until I stopped trying because of weakness and suffocation. I heaved and heaved but no air was coming in. His hand was doing a good job of blocking it.

The world was starting to spin. My vision was getting blurry. My chest tightened. My stomach, my entire muscles, along with the other organs in my body stiffened. My eyes drooped down as it felt heavy.

Then I passed out.

****

[NOAH]

I've redialled Jenny's number using my mom's phone over and over again. And it was the same results. No answer other than the bleeping sound after a couple of rings.

Eventually I gave up.

Pissed off, I stormed out of the house. While walking along the sidewalk, my mind was agitated with thoughts on Jenny's whereabouts. Why wouldn't she answer her phone? She always has her phone with her. And I've observed that whenever there's a call, she always see to it that she answers.

Out of tension, I was unconsciously biting the tip of my fingernails while I strutted along the pavement.

She's fine. Don't be paranoid. I nodded.

"What if she's not?"

She is.

"She's definitely not." I wept.

She is. I muttered beneath my breath.

"Okay. She probably just wanted to get away from you."

Maybe she's with Harris.

"Oh shit. They're probably fucking right now!"

I blew out frustrating snorts while hitting my temples with my palm.

Please. Not now. Shut up. I wiped the tears glistening from the corner of my eye and sniffed.

I realized I was already at a nearby children's playground.

There were little kids playing. I flinched when I felt something hit my foot. As I looked down, it was only a ball. A boy, probably nine or ten years old, ran to me and anxiously picked up the ball.

Before he could scram away, my mind snapped. I grabbed the boy's shoulder and slightly crouched down just to level his height. He winced when I squeezed his shoulder tightly as if breaking the bones was my goal.

"WHERE IS SHE?!!!" I raged at the innocent little boy. It was too late when I realized I did. The boy had already started crying out loud. I blinked myself back to sanity, wanting to apologize but I was beat to it by an older woman. I assumed she was the boy's mother.

She was frowning at me while she snatches her son back. "What do you think you're doing?" She held on the little boy's hand over-protectively. Before I could give a respond, she had already walked-out with her son held in between her arms.

A glint of envy entered my chest. I couldn't remember the last time my mom came to my rescue. Not until dad died and Jerry came into our lives. Heck, not even when Jerry died.

Are you forgetting something?

Shit. Right. Jenny.

*****

A/N

Fact:

Noah often has more than one voices in his head. There's Noah's own voice, then there's the one he calls it which is the psycho one, then there's the inner consciousness. Erm... what's left of it that is. But the third voice is actually useless because it rarely speaks and when it does, it's not obvious because you can't really tell the difference between Noah's voice and this third one. But if you do, kudos you're an intelligent creature. *claps*

3 votes 3 comment before next chapter Thank you! ^^

#unedited