Chapter 13/"ivy."

Once again this contains attempted rape and abuse.

So far I've been watching this girl clean Ivy's cuts and feed her for the past three hours. Of course, I turned away when she gave her a bath.

By now ivys Gained back enough strength to talk.

"Who are you?" He voice comes out cracked as she pushes herself further into the bed.

"I'm Alice. What's your name?"

Sadness washes over ivy as she stares down at her hands in her lap.

"I don't have one." She whispers while a single tear flows down her cheek.

The girl alive quickly wipes it away. "Hey don't cry. Your safe now."

"I'm not. He'll find me again and he'll hurt you."

"Who?"

"The mad hatter."

Anger washes over Alices face but disappeared when ivy flinches away from her.

"Is your mother the Cheshire Cat?"

"I never knew her. He doesn't say her name."

"Well, judging by your looks I'd say she is. You have the exact same eyes and nose."

"You knew her?" Ivy looks up in excitement.

Walking over I sit next to her on the bed and watch the exchange.

"Yes, I did. Your mother was one of the best people I've ever had the joy of knowing. I wish I knew she had you, I will never let him lay a finger on you again for as long as I live."

"What was she like? My mother."

Alice warmly smiles. "She always saw the good in people. After she fell in love with your father she always talked about having a child, she even had two names picked out for them. Mark and ivy."

"She named me ivy?"

"Yes."

A smile makes its way into Ivy's face as her eyes light up. I've never seen her smile a real smile like this one before and honestly, I wish she did it more. Alice dozes off in her thoughts for a second before coming back to reality.

"I want you to have this." Reaching behind her neck she unclips a rose necklace. Gently she places it in her palms and shows it to ivy. "It was your mother's. I know she would want you to have it." Gently Alice places the necklace around ivy. Pulling her hands away ivy grabs it and looks at it in wonder.

"Thank you, Alice

"Thank you, Alice."

"Your welcome ivy. Now you should get some rest, you've had a long day." Alice leans down and places a kiss on Ivy's forehead. Gently she tucks her in and shuts off the lights.