Flowers

A/N We went to America to look at schools, and got this sandwich that said '___way'. One of my sisters, who has also never been to America before, stormed into the store demanding to know why my sandwich said this. The woman at the front, somehow understanding what she was thinking, tried to calm her down. I walked in and told her that it was fine and probably just a mistake. The woman looked at me and said, "Never mind, she's a sub."
What does this mean???

--------------

"Ack! Sorry, I'm late, the doctors held me late for some tests," I panted as I skidded to a halt in front of my classmates.

"That's fine," Sugino shrugged, "I'm just glad you're all healthy again."

"Yeah," Kanzaki smiled, "but you're so strong, I can't help but wonder how you got so badly injured."

I blushed, "I was... distracted."

"Hmm? By what?"

"Well... it just kept replaying in my mind. What happened during the sports fest... with Asano..."

"Whatever," Kayano huffed, "we were just talking to this nice flower guy over here. He's the one who called the ambulance when..."

"Oh," I snickered and turned to the flower guy, "thanks for that."

"No problem," he smiled, "Beg pardon, I couldn't help but overhear you're in the market for a grown-up gift.

I frowned at his familiarity. Those eyes...

"Yes!" Kanzaki exclaimed, "Yes, we are!"

"What about something like this?" He handed Kanzaki a beautiful red rose.

"Oh, I get it! A bouquet!" Kayano awed over the flower.

"A red rose," I commented as he turned to make the bouquet, "a symbol of love, longing, and desire. It can also be used to convey respect, admiration, and devotion."

"That's absolutely right," the man commented, "you seem to know a lot about flowers."

"Yeah," I nodded, narrowing my eyes, "someone I used to trust taught me all about them." He turned around with the flowers, "You have fourteen roses there, which symbolizes pride in someone."

"Wow, (Y/N)" Okuda gushed, "that's amazing."

I smiled at her and turned back to the flower salesman, "We'll take the roses, but I'd like to buy a few flowers myself."

"Of course," he smiled, handing the roses to Okuda, "What would you like?"

I spoke in a stiff voice, "***Anemone, Hydrangea, Snapdragon, Statice."

"What an interesting combination," he smirked a bit as he collected the flowers, "I wonder who those flowers could be for."

"An old friend of mine," I glowered, "I'm sure he'll understand my message."

----------

"It's a very nice bouquet of flowers, don't get me wrong. But, why me?" Karasuma questioned, "It'd mean so much more coming from you."

I sighed. It was obvious Mr. K knew how Irina felt, I just wish he would humour her even a bit.

"Mr. K please," Karma hummed, "look at it this way, Professeur Bitch is a vital asset to the mission. All in a day's work sir, winning over your colleague can only help things, right?"

"Yeah," I huffed, wanting to get this over with, "just take the flowers, and give them to her. If you mess up something as simple as that, so help me I will rip your fingernails off one by one and feed them to you, you-" My mouth was covered by the redhead as I was forcefully picked up and slung over his shoulder, "Karma, put me down! I'm wearing a skirt!"

"I know," he smirked, "It's a nice view from here. (F/C), huh?"

I struggled to escape while holding my skirt down, "I'm a professional assassin! I'm insane! I'm terrifying! How dare you treat me in such a way! You should be cowering in fear, you lowly peasant!"

Karma chuckled as Karasuma sweatdropped and the others blushed. I hit Karma repeatedly, but with one hand holding down my skirt, and the awkward position I was in, there wasn't much I could do as he walked me out of the office and set me down outside, me screaming profanities at him the whole time. "Calm down (N/N)," Karma leaned in, his golden eyes staring into mine, faces almost touching, "Or will I have to shut you up myself?"

I blushed, stumbling back, "N-Nah, I'm okay!" I stuttered before turning and racing out of the building.

Gotta Go Fast!

-----------

"She hasn't been here in three days," Chiba leaned up against Hayami's desk, arms crossed.

"We really crossed the line this time, guys," Yada admitted.

"Well, I'm off!" Koro-sensei interrupted the depressing atmosphere, "You can call me if there's any news on Ms. Irina."

"How?" I questioned, "you don't have a phone, do you?"

"Well... no, but-"

"Then we can't call you, dumbass. Just let us handle the hard work, you're clearly not qualified." I seethed.

"Okay, (Y/N)," Isogai put a hand on my shoulder, "I get that you're angry, but you don't need to take it out on everyone else."

"Angry?!" I growled, "I'm downright tumultuous!"

"Big words!" Kimura curled up in a ball, "No like big words!"

"How DARE she leave without giving her two weeks' notice!"

"That's what you're upset about?" Fuwa sighed.

"Of course it is! And you!" I turned to Koro-sensei only to find he had escaped during my rant, "Dammit you pugging Kalimari!"

"You need to work on your insults," Karma huffed.

I blushed, "Whatever."

"I'm starting to get worried," Megu commented, "I hope she's okay."

"Yeah, no," Yada put down her phone, "not much luck getting through."

"My GPS scan is coming up negative, no matches on the closed-circuit feeds either," Ritsu reported.

"Seriously, you don't think she would leave over something like this," Chiba pondered.

"I'm sure that can't be the case," a familiar voice spoke, "after all, there's still something important you need her to do."

I stood up and glared at the figure, my hand inching closer to the sheath on my hip containing my poison-lined dagger. The conversation around me faded to background static as I watched the man calmly walk through the classroom. After a minute of no one noticing the dangerous man's presence, I spoke up. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Hello, (Y/N). It's wonderful to see you again, but why don't I introduce myself to your friends. I'm the assassin commonly known as the reaper., and today, boys and girls, class is going to be fun."

"Get out of here," I growled, stalking closer to him.

"Now, now, (Y/N)," he grabbed my arm and swiftly pulled me toward himself, trapping me in a hug. My back was against his chest, and his face was lowered so he could whisper in my ear, "You know what happens when you try to fight back. I get angry."

I shuddered and stayed stock still as he explained what he would do with Irina if we didn't cooperate, "And just to make sure that you don't try anything funny, I'll be taking a second hostage." He pulled me closer, flowers flew through the room, blocking my visual of the class, then it turned black. The last thing I heard before I fell asleep was a faint chuckle and a voice whispering, "Welcome home my little snapdragon."

-----------

A/N Flower meanings in this story: (They have other meanings as well.)

Anemone: fading hope, feeling of having been tricked and/or abandoned

Hydrangea: frigidity and heartlessness

Statice: Rememberance

Snapdragon: graciousness and strength, but also deception